4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2010 3:05 PM by Bill Gehrke

CS5 Crashes on Save or  Title addition to time line.

AnneArmetta

I assigned my 1.5 hour project to an external drive with lots of space, but got caught by the fact that the common files cache files automatically go to the C:\USER\NAME\AppData\Roaming\adobe\ common\cache files    location where CS5 Stores all the actual data that is used by and between the programs.   Who Knew?!   So I cleared tons of space on C: for this data. 

Now every time I try to save a Preimier Project, or the system tries to store the latest import, it freezes.  I have done the update to 5.02, I have disengaged my firewall and anti viruws.  I have tried doing extremely simple projects with only a single title in the project.   CS5 crashes more than a teenager in a demolition derby.   

It worked once, till I over filled it, move things around.  I have checked the media encoder and discovered that is sharing the same common files the CS5 Adobe Preimier is using.     I am at wits end.  The computer is a dual core Pentium HP with 4 meg of ram.   Any ideas on how to stop my teenager from crashing.  It sure seems to me that it crashes when it tires to save.   Each time I go into the project after a crash, non of my resources are present.

Ideas?

• 1. Re: CS5 Crashes on Save or  Title addition to time line.
          shooternz Level 6

My guess is your computer is under powered, under rammed and maybe short on hard disk drives.

Possibly not set up optimised also.

What are the system specs and what source material are you editing?

• 2. Re: CS5 Crashes on Save or  Title addition to time line.
            AnneArmetta Level 1

Thanks for the reply.   Yes, my system is under powered for efficient

operation.  it is a dual core Pentium HP Pavilion DV9500 notebook PC

wtih T7500 @2.20 GHz  and 4 GB ram,  operating with Vista Ultimate 64.

However, I thing there is another problem.  That it is choking on my

high def files lasting over an hour and a half is understandable given

the slow disk drives and small memory.  However

Here is the big however.  I get a message on start up  that EEventManger

is missing.   I have used this computer prior with CS5 and it worked

sluggishly, ( see under powered), but it struggled through.  I deleted

unneeded files and I think I deleted the EEventmanager which may be key

to Preimier's operation in the vista Ultimate environment.

Now I find that the simplist of projects, no video, no sound,  just

creating a title that says hello, then immediately trying to save the

project, crashes Preimier CS5.   That tells me its a system issue.

I know  your software works as delivered.  I need to know how to

examine, where in the stream of events that Premier is using that my

operating system is missing whatever dll I wrongly deleted when I was

making space for my big project to render.    It there some tool I can

use to identify why it is crashing and what  aspect of my operating

system, I wrongly deleted.

Another problem is my video display is  a Nvida 6800 M GS.  This is not

a supported video display.   When CS5 dis work minimally on my system

earlier this week, that imcompatibility introduced an awkwardness that

was not however insurmountable.  i was able to get a 1 hout 15 minute

high def project ready to render with multiple edits and trackes.

In summary, I need help with two things.

1. I have installed, uninstalled, changed and reinstalled many many

times.  I am eating up activations at a rapid rate, and may run out if

there is a limit.  All has been on the same computer with different

configurations.   So need help with limits on activation, until I get

this resolved.

2.  I need a way to discover where my operating system is defective.  A

dump of why Premier's crash memory configuration might tell me where in

the operating system it went lacking.   I have tried to find out how to

restore the EEventManger for VIsta, since that is the sign on to windows

error that is new with the problem, but have not yet found that out.

Please let me know what my activation status is and if there is a dump

that reveals where Premier cs5 died.

Thanks

Anne.

• 3. Re: CS5 Crashes on Save or  Title addition to time line.
              shooternz Level 6

EEventManger maybe something to do with an Epson Printer.

• 4. Re: CS5 Crashes on Save or  Title addition to time line.
                Bill Gehrke Most Valuable Participant

Anne, in the past crashing on titles has been because of third party fonts.  Have you or some other application installed additional fonts on your machine?