2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 28, 2010 8:24 AM by TheVibe Refinery

How can I create a Zoom in Zoom out functionality on a photo?

TheVibe Refinery

I have created a working demo in Flash Catalyst. I have photos of a model in a dress. I would like to create a zoom in zoom out functionality so the viewer can zoom into the detail of the dress. I'm presenting this to a client and I need help.

• 1. Re: How can I create a Zoom in Zoom out functionality on a photo?
          SrinivasAnnam Adobe Employee

Hi,

Below are the steps to do a zoomable image. I have a recorded a video of this and posted it here for easy understanding - http://my.adobe.acrobat.com/p72354062/

1. Import an image

2.Create custom vertical scrollbar. You can use the default vertical scrollbar too. (Optional)

3.Create custom horizontal scrollbar. You can use the default horizontal scrollbar too. (Optional)

4. Select Image, Horizontal & Vertical scrollbars together and convert them to "Scroll Panel" using heads up display.

5. Select image and map it as "Scrolling Content" using heads up display.

6. Double-click and go inside the Scrolling content component and create a duplicate state to zoom in.

7. Add a transition (Optional)

8. Add a button inside scroll panel to Zoom in or out of the image

9. Add 2 interactions to the button, one to goto zoom in state and the other to go to zoom out state. You can directly add these interaction to image instead of creating button too.

10. Run the application

Regards

Srinivas Annam

• 2. Re: How can I create a Zoom in Zoom out functionality on a photo?
            TheVibe Refinery Level 1

Your a genius! And life saver this is perfect. Thanks a million!