• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image/graphic field that works with Reader

LEGEND ,
Oct 26, 2010 Oct 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat allows you to set up a button to display an image/graphic, and allows the buttonImportIcon JavaScript field method to allow a user to select the button icon. This used to work with Reader but was taken away for some reason. Forms create with LiveCycle Designer allow for an image field that can work with Reader, but Acrobat no longer does. There is no good reason not to allow for this type of functionality.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 22, 2011 Mar 22, 2011

I agree!! This feature is necessary and needed! Especially for us Mac users that cannot use LiveCycle!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2011 Mar 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree!! This feature is necessary and needed! Especially for us Mac users that cannot use LiveCycle!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 27, 2011 Apr 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree as well. This is something that used to be available. It is a very basic necessary function for so many reasons. Please do consider (seriously) adding this feature back. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 29, 2011 Apr 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fully agree, and I consider it an unfriendly act. I do not see any reason why LCD should allow it (for Reader), but Acrobat not.

Well, there may be a reason, but that one would be really unplaesant…

Max Wyss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 18, 2011 May 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, please bring back the "insert Image" feature for Acrobat on Macs. Just give us LiveCycle, please.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 18, 2011 May 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be careful with what you wish for… (LCD on Mac)

Max Wyss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2011 Jul 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add this feature.

This seems like such basic feature that by not including this capability, Adobe comes off appearing quite cynical in their product offerings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2011 Jul 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, this functionality is essential for creating forms that collect information from participants/applicants that I need.  Right now I'm stuck with word to do this and it isn't pretty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2011 Aug 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to have this feature as well. Why should it limited to Windows only?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2011 Aug 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with the comments made here, just wanted to point out that Mac users can use forms that were created in LC, just not create them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2012 Jan 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot imagine why this feature was taken away.  Please bring it back.  It would make users feel a little bit better.  Like me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2012 Feb 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE make this feature available in Acrobat. The hassle of using LCD just to allow users to upload images is a big pain when creating/editing forms due to the fact that you lose the ability to add/remove pages, edit content, etc. in Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2012 Mar 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for such a quick responce. I am shocked that something seemingly so simple is not available. They need to make that feature available again! Why would they take it away in the first place?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 23, 2012 Mar 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, this needs to be available. I am about to cal my client with the dissapointing news that the job he asked me to do is not possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amanda, I figured out a way to do it in a round about way. Below are the instructions I sent to my client.

In open document, make sure you are in edit mode. On the right side – Forms – Edit.

Tasks – Add New Field – Button

Your cursor turns into a slim rectangular box. Draw a square with in the image box I have created.

You can name the button what you like(it doesn’t really matter), I have been calling it Submitted Image

Click on All Properties

General Tab - make sure the form field is visible. This should be the default.

Appearance Tab – Make the borders and colors, both no color.

Options Tab – Layout: Icon Only.   Advanced – When to scale: Always. Scale:Proportionally. Click OK

Options Tab – Choose Icon – Browse – Find the Picture you are using (IMAGE NEEDS TO BE SAVED AS A PDF). Click OK

Close Button Properties, repeat for second image.

When done placing images, Tasks – Close Form Editing

Save

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ashrcb81,

The goal here is to have an image field that will work with Reader. The method you described requires Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the instructions! I have created a template that I want to be

able to send out to multiple clients. The idea is that they can place

their logo and contact information. I have the text fields all figured

out. I was able to follow your instructions and place an image in Pro,

but will my clients using only Reader?

Thanks again for your help!!

a

Amanda Zylstra

[signature deleted by host]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amanda,

Unfortunately you cannot place images like that in Reader. I meant to mention that in my post. Luckily my client was willing to purchase Acrobat. It is really unfortunate that Reader has such limitations, especially since it used to work just fine.

Sorry for any confusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amanda and others I have only figured out one way to add graphic to a pdf in reader. I created a tutorial How to add custom graphics to a PDF

It would be nice if placing a graphic was much easier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, that looks like it'll do it. I can't try it as I have Acrobat Pro. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2012 May 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, please add this feature.  We have a client that would like to create controlled, co-branded documents with their partners.  We would like to define regions in which partners can upload their own logos without requiring partners to buy software or need advanced expertise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 01, 2012 Jun 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crazy that we pay the same for Acrobat X Pro but don't get Live Cycle.   How many designers have had to find a clumsy work around for this missing function? Even crazier that this function WAS possible in Acrobat but now is not!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 07, 2012 Jun 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 for adding the ability to insert an image into a form. This is a serious omission from what are supposed to be fully functioning "interactive forms". InDesign CS6 was supposed to have greatly improved interactive form creation tools, but the truth is something different. LiveCycle is a mediocre solution because it strips out any custom formatting that is set up in InDesign or Acrobat, especially all the new custom styles for radio buttons and check boxes that InDesign CS6 has in it. AcrobatX only comes with LiveCycle ES2 (9) and not ES3 (10). It would be nice to be able to try ES3 to see if any of these issues have been resolved, but the LiveCycle Designer ES3 demo installer doesn't work because it asks for a serial number and this can't be bypassed.

Needless to say I'm frustrated and annoyed by all this. I have a client that really needs to be able to insert multiple JPG images into a form and we can't find a satisfactory solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2012 Sep 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree totally! A way to allow the user to insert an image into a fillable pdf form is greatly needed!  I love the features of the pdf fillable forms, and how user friendly they are.  Been pushing my company to get all our forms converted to pdf forms- some of us have Acrobat X pro, and others in the company only have reader. Hope they come up with a solution soon!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 30, 2012 Sep 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyone will be pleased to hear - buttonImportIcon now works in Adobe Reader XI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines