• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with CFNavigate

Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2007 Aug 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now maybe I am doing it wrong but with CFNavigate, it has the parameter for a "container" to refresh. What if I want the whole page to refresh with the form fields passed into it? Based on the CFML Reference Guide (pg 127) all I have to do is... "If you omit this argument, the link is treated as a normal URL and the entire page is refreshed."

So here's the basic thing I am trying to do... use CFLAYOUTAREA which has a form in it and I have a link which should pass the form variables from myform to the test_submit.cfm page. Here's the basic code I am using:

<a href="javascript:ColdFusion.navigate('test_submit.cfm',,'','','post','myform');">Submit it</a>

If I leave the container field out of it... (no quotes), I get: Syntax Error.
If I enter a '' (no space), I get: Error replacing HTML, element not found.
If I enter a ' ' (with a space), I get the same error as above: Error replacing HTML, element not found.

Am I using it wrong? is there a _root or something I need to put in the container field for it to work?

Thanks.
Andy

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 04, 2007 Dec 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Try placing two single quotes in the second argument, just like you did for the third and fourth argument.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation