• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Advanced Charting Issue

Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2010 Oct 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My latest assignment is to create a horizontal bar chart from a DB2 table to indicate the length of a project.

The table contains the Environment Name, the Start Date, the End Date and the Project Name:

"ENVA"  2010-01-01  2015-06-30  "REAL LONG PROJECT"

What is wanted is a chart with the environments on the vertical axis and the months (January through December of each year) across the horizontal axis:

Envrn.  Jan 2010  Feb 2010  Mar 2010...Dec 2010

ENVA     **********************************************

ENVA     ********************

Perhaps this isn't a cfchart issue but an SQL one, but I can't figure out how to configure the query in such a way that will give me the information required to create the chart.

Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 27, 2010 Oct 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does your db have a table where the date is the primary key?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2010 Oct 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the environment is the primary key; the dates are just field in the row.

I found that I can include extra fields in my query and then manipulate them to be what I want them to be before executing the cfchart.  That solves some of the problems.

I think I need to step back and rethink the design.  I used cfchartdata to test the display and found that it wasn't giving me the results they wanted.

After I figure something out, I'll post it here for everyone's amusement.  Film at 11:00.          

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2011 Mar 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I finally found a way to do this.

The display is basically a 13-column table:  the first column is the name and the subsequent columns are the months for the given year.  Using the project dates and cfloop, I merely set the cell's background color if its project dates included the month and year of the cell.  And to be really fancy, I assigned each project its own color.

And after all that, they decided that they really didn't need to see the display after all!

Management - what are you going to do with them?    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation