1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 28, 2010 11:42 AM by Flex harUI

Flex 4 MXMLC Problem With Modules

Miggl Level 1

I am trying to configure my Ant build script to compile modules, but I get the following errors:

/Users/loc_admin/ContinuousIntegration/CruiseControl/projects/leadlaw/source/src/com/rocki ngmm/leadlaw/modules/News.mxml(33): Error: Could not resolve <valueObjects:ArticleVO> to a component implementation. <valueObjects:ArticleVO title="Changelog: 16 Sep 2010" content="Login:&#13;- Updated positioning of error tooltips on login window.&#13;&#13;News:&#13;- Created initial rudimentary article component for news page." timestamp="{new Date(2010, 9, 16, 19, 20, 00, 00)}" author="Mike Bronner" /> /Users/loc_admin/ContinuousIntegration/CruiseControl/projects/leadlaw/source/src/com/rock ingmm/leadlaw/modules/News.mxml(29): Error: Could not resolve <valueObjects:ArticleVO> to a component implementation. <valueObjects:ArticleVO title="Changelog: 23 Sep 2010" content="My Jobs:&#13;- Changed map markers to show numbers.&#13;- Map markers will now expand when hovered over to show info.&#13;- Items selected in list on the left will expand the corresponding markers to show their info." timestamp="{new Date(2010, 9, 23, 18, 00, 00, 00)}" author="Mike Bronner" /> /Users/loc_admin/ContinuousIntegration/CruiseControl/projects/leadlaw/source/src/com/rock ingmm/leadlaw/modules/News.mxml(30): Error: Could not resolve <valueObjects:ArticleVO> to a component implementation. <valueObjects:ArticleVO title="Changelog: 20 Sep 2010" content="My Jobs:&#13;- Added rudimentary initial jobs list to Job Overview page.&#13;- Added job markers to map, these correspong to the listed jobs to the left of the map.&#13;- Set map to automatically center on the center point of all jobs listed.&#13;- Set map to find best zoom to fit all jobs on map." timestamp="{new Date(2010, 9, 20, 18, 00, 00, 00)}" author="Mike Bronner" /> /Users/loc_admin/ContinuousIntegration/CruiseControl/projects/leadlaw/source/src/com/rock ingmm/leadlaw/modules/News.mxml(28): Error: Could not resolve <valueObjects:ArticleVO> to a component implementation. <valueObjects:ArticleVO title="Changelog: 24 Sep 2010" content="My Jobs:&#13;- Updated job list to display items as they correspond to the markers on the map.&#13;- Added 'Add New Job' button that starts the new job wizard.&#13;- Added initial form (general job informaion) to job wizard.&#13;- Added requirements gathering form to new job wizard." timestamp="{new Date(2010, 9, 24, 16, 00, 00, 00)}" author="Mike Bronner" /> /Users/loc_admin/ContinuousIntegration/CruiseControl/projects/leadlaw/source/src/com/rock ingmm/leadlaw/modules/News.mxml(27): Error: Could not resolve <valueObjects:ArticleVO> to a component implementation. <valueObjects:ArticleVO title="Changelog: 5 Oct 2010" content="New Job Wizzard:&#13;- Added General Job Information screen.&#13;- Added Requirements Gathering screen.&#13;- Added Renovation Components screen." timestamp="{new Date(2010, 10, 5, 10, 00, 00, 00)}" author="Mike Bronner" /> /Users/loc_admin/ContinuousIntegration/CruiseControl/projects/leadlaw/source/src/com/rock ingmm/leadlaw/modules/News.mxml(32): Error: Could not resolve <valueObjects:ArticleVO> to a component implementation. <valueObjects:ArticleVO title="Changelog: 17 Sep 2010" content="News:&#13;- Fixed height of article items to adjust to their content.&#13;&#13;General:&#13;- Fixed menubar navigation probems when clicking on items without a submenu.&#13;&#13;My Jobs:&#13;- Started implementation of Jobs module (nothing visible yet)." timestamp="{new Date(2010, 9, 17, 17, 00, 00, 00)}" author="Mike Bronner" /> /Users/loc_admin/ContinuousIntegration/CruiseControl/projects/leadlaw/source/src/com/rock ingmm/leadlaw/modules/News.mxml(31): Error: Could not resolve <valueObjects:ArticleVO> to a component implementation. <valueObjects:ArticleVO title="Changelog: 18 Sep 2010" content="My Jobs:&#13;- Added initial map control to Job Overview page, including zoom and panning.&#13;- Added buttons to the map to switch between Hybrid, Map, and Satelite views." timestamp="{new Date(2010, 9, 18, 18, 00, 00, 00)}" author="Mike Bronner" />

This is the target block I am using:

<target name="build">
              <echo>Compiling flex project...</echo>
              <mxmlc
                  file="${basedir}/source/src/index.mxml" 
                  incremental="false" 
                  actionscript-file-encoding="UTF-8" 
                  output="${basedir}/deploy/index-${timestamp}.swf" 
                  debug="${debug.boolean}" 
                  keep-generated-actionscript="false"
                  link-report="${basedir}/reports/link-report.xml"
              >
                  <load-config filename="${FLEX_HOME}/frameworks/flex-config.xml" />
                  <source-path path-element="${FLEX_HOME}/frameworks" />
                  <source-path path-element="${basedir}/../components/source/src" />
                  <source-path path-element="${basedir}/../modestmaps/source/src" />
                  <default-background-color>0xFFFFFF</default-background-color>
                  <metadata>
                      <creator>Mike Bronner</creator>
                      <publisher>Rocking Double-M Services</publisher>
                      <language>EN</language>
                  </metadata>
                  <compiler.source-path path-element="${basedir}/source/src" />
                  <compiler.library-path dir="${FLEX_HOME}/frameworks" append="true">
                      <include name="libs" />
                      <include name="../bundles/{locale}" />
                  </compiler.library-path>
              </mxmlc>
              <mxmlc
                  file="${basedir}/source/src/com/rockingmm/leadlaw/modules/Jobs.mxml"
                  output="${basedir}/deploy/com/rockingmm/leadlaw/modules/Jobs.swf"
                  optimize="true"
                  debug="false"
                  load-externs="${basedir}/reports/link-report.xml"
              >
                  <source-path path-element="${basedir}/../components/source/src" />
                  <source-path path-element="${basedir}/../modestmaps/source/src" />
                  <metadata>
                      <language>EN</language>
                  </metadata>
                      <include name="libs" />
                  </compiler.library-path>
              </mxmlc>
              <mxmlc
                  file="${basedir}/source/src/com/rockingmm/leadlaw/modules/News.mxml"
                  output="${basedir}/deploy/com/rockingmm/leadlaw/modules/News.swf"
                  optimize="true"
                  debug="false"
                  load-externs="${basedir}/reports/link-report.xml"
              >
                  <metadata>
                      <language>EN</language>
                  </metadata>
                      <include name="libs" />
                  </compiler.library-path>
              </mxmlc>
          </target>

Of course, I'm not sure if this is the right way to do it, but as I understand it, each module needs to have its own MXMLC block. Personally, I don't like that idea, because it hampers development. Each time I create a new module I need to update my build script? That's a little too tightly coupled for my tastes.

Anyway, if anyone has any ideas, that would be great!

~Mike