Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Burrito code Hinting issue

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2010 Oct 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

I've a big issue with code hinting on the brand new Burrito! For all class (native and created...) when i hit ctrl space i've nothing appear in th code hint panel!

Maybee somthing new must bee installed?

What a bug!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using an workspace from a prior installation? Make sure you start with a new workspace. The default one is "Adobe Flash Builder Burrito Preview" (C:\Users\Name\ one windows or ~/Documents/ on mac). If your project is using a specific SDK instead of the default one, remember to import the SDK under Preferences > Flash Builder > Installed SDKs.

Jason San Jose

Software Engineer, Flex Mobile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem on OS 10.6.4

The installation has all default parameters, yet Code assist works only in MXML, but not in CDATA

The preferences are OK:

BurritoPref.png

Thanks for help,

FTQuest

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The project where started first under Flash Builder 4 with air 2.5 SDK. But the project are mainly writted in pure AS3 (only the "main" class are in MXML). Frist, i've simply imported the project . Second, i've tryed to only import the pure AS3 class and rewritte my MXML whit a new burrito MXML, but completition still does'nt worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you overlayed the AIR SDK, then it's safe to assume that the original FB4 project was pointing to a specific SDK (per the AIR SDK overlay instructions).

Go to your project properties > Flex Compiler > Flex SDK version and choose "use default SDK".

FB Burrito already includes the AIR 2.5 SDK, so there is no more need to overlay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue but just in a flash professional project that was created in burrito.When in a pure AS project, code completion and/or hinting works fine. Talking about MAC OS x 10.5.8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2010 Nov 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i ran into this problem and the issue seems to be that by default now CTRL+SPACE is for code templates and not for code hinting.

It is frustrating that such a key shortcut has been changed by adobe. there has to be some different short cut now for code hinting and i can't find it. its not an SDK issue or anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2010 Nov 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're seeing templates first instead of normal code hints, you might be experiencing a preferences bug. Go to Preferences > Flash Builder > Editors > ActionScript Code > Content Assist Cycling and press "Restore Defaults". Do the same for MXML Code. Let me know if that works.

Jason San Jose

Software Engineer, Flex Mobile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2010 Nov 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, Jason!!!

I had this same issue that all of a sudden popped up. I followed your suggestion of restoring defaults and I was able to see code hinting as I had done a few days ago. I guess this is one of the joys of playing with a beta program. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2010 Nov 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's an update on my issue. I restore the defaults and after certain amount of time, the problem reoccurs and I once again have to restore the defaults. I'm not quite sure what I am doing (if anything) to cause the default behavior to change. Is this a bug with Burrito?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 14, 2010 Nov 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bug has been resolved in latest builds of Burrito. https://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FB-28451

Can you try creating a new workspace and see if it solves the issue? Import your existing projects in new workspace.

-Radhakrishna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2011 Jan 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've had this problem with all versions of FB. It will auto-complete and open-resource some of my packages/classes, but not all. Workaround is to run a script in BBEDIT that replaces spaces with tabs, then another does the reverse. This touches all my classes and refreshing FB does the trick. It's a bit of a pain. If anyone knows a better solution, I'd be happy to hear it.

-Gabriel

Can you get the rabbit back in the hat?

Houdini's Hat:

http://www.pizmogames.com/games/load.php?g=houdinishat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines