0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 29, 2010 5:27 AM by flexstone

Update Progress Bar manually

flexstone Level 1

I have a custom event that I dispatch to update a progressBar which works nicely for downloading a file.

I am trying to use the same technique to indicate progress of moving several directories from a DVD to the appStorageDirectory when the app is launched for the first time.

I have the moving of files working fine but the progressBar though the event is dispatched does not update its display. Here is a snippet of my code loop which copies the directories....

var incr:int = 1;
                var mx:int = copyRes.length;

for each(var packageFolder:File in copyRes){
                         var dir:String = packageFolder.nativePath.toString().split(OSSep).pop()
                         this.dispatchEvent(new progressMadeEvent("incrementChange",incr,mx))
                         packageFolder.copyTo(appStore.resolvePath(dir))
                         incr++;
                     }

Here is the update function in the titleWindow (PopUpWindow) that contains the progressBar

private function updateProgress(event:progressMadeEvent):void{

cBar.setProgress(event.increment,event.max)
                          labelStr = int((event.increment/event.max)*100)+"% complete"
                          cBar.label = labelStr
                          trace(labelStr) // this trace displays the expected label but the label display does not change

cBar.invalidateDisplayList()
                          cBar.invalidateProperties()

if(event.increment==event.max && event.max>0){
                              thisApp.removeEventListener("incrementChange",updateProgress)                                               
                          }

}

What am I missing here ?