5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2010 4:35 AM by Joerg Stahlmann

Suppress Warning, no Pixel selected

Joerg Stahlmann

Hello,

is it able to suppress the Warning - No Pixel selected?

The warning pops up when I select the lasso tool in subtract from selection mode and I subtract everything. Problem is, since this warning occurs not during a script, I'm not able to use "app.displayDialogs = DialogModes.NO;"

Is there a way to generaly suppress this warning?

Thx in advance

Joerg

• 1. Re: Suppress Warning, no Pixel selected
          c.pfaffenbichler Level 9
          The warning pops up when I select the lasso tool in subtract from selection mode and I subtract everything.

Why not simply deselect?

Isn’t there a »Don’t show again«-checkbox in the dialog?

• 2. Re: Suppress Warning, no Pixel selected
            Joerg Stahlmann Level 1

Hello and thx for your reply!

Why not simply deselect?

I have written a little script for restoration purpose where you can draw areas wich have to be repaired. If you have worked on object, the area is auto selected and you have to subtract the fixed parts. Problem is, if I have fixed the whole area the warning pops up! Of corse there is a checkbox, but I dont want my co-workers to put up with this thing. Would be great if there is an scriptable solution like a global setting or something!

thx in advance

Joerg

• 3. Re: Suppress Warning, no Pixel selected
              Joerg Stahlmann Level 1

doesnt anyone know? Please this is still necessary for me!

• 4. Re: Suppress Warning, no Pixel selected
                c.pfaffenbichler Level 9
                Problem is, if I have fixed the whole area the warning pops up!

Could you describe the whole process how you »fix areas« in more detail?

It might be possible to include a check and omit the step in the Script, but I’m not quite sure what your Script actually does.

• 5. Re: Suppress Warning, no Pixel selected
                  Joerg Stahlmann Level 1

Hello and sorry for my late response, I was busy with other stuff.

However the problem still exists.

I'll try to describe what the script does, hopefully you will read this after all this time:

1. Coworker/-s mark an area with the lasso tool and fill it with a color all on one layer (the area of a painting with a tear for example)

2. If parts of the tear on the real painting are fixed, coworkers press an action button and the area (tear) in photoshop is selected. (area is surrounded)

3. Then the lasso-tool is selected in subtract from selection mode and the coworker subtracts the fixed parts of the tear - area

4. The fixed parts getting deleted from that area

That all works fine, the only problem is if the whole area is fixed, everything gotta be subtracted from selection and then the warning pops up.

This is just a very rudimentary description but thats basicly what the script does.

thx in advance!