• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 8.0.2 Caution on copying links in tables

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2010 Oct 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, everyone. I have posted before on project corruption issues. My first problem was identified by Peter G (thanks, Peter!) - I had () in my HTML topic filenames and this is a no-no. I fixed my topic names and things worked smoothly for a while. Then I began experiencing a series of corrupt projects, with Adobe not being much help. I finally figured out what was causing my issues and thought I would post the info to help others avoid my pain.

The problem occurs when copying or cutting and then pasting to another column in the same table, if the info you're moving contains hyperlinks. As soon as you paste, you will see broken links appear in your project. If you then save, the project will be corrupt the next time you access it. Sometimes it shuts down right away. The broken links do not occur when copying or cutting and then pasting to another row in the same column.

When looking at the broken links, they appear to have been turned into a strange nested path - basically, one copy of the correct project path followed by another copy of the path - made into one long path string that RH apparently can't resolve. You can fix the links by reselecting the correct topic. If you do that before saving, the project remains OK.

I filed a bug report with Adobe. Copying should work whether it's row to row or column to column.

I hope this info is helpful!

Kim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 29, 2010 Oct 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kim.

I'm glad you got to the bottom of what was causing the problem in your project but it does not mean that everyone will have the same issue. I have just replicated what you did and successfully copy / pasted the table column complete with hyperlink. This says that the problem is more than likely local to your project. Did you try this on a new project?

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2010 Nov 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did not try on a new project, but I did try the copy/paste in a project I created a year ago but had not touched since. And I had the same problem. So perhaps it's local to my environment.

Kim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp