33 Replies Latest reply on Nov 15, 2017 12:03 PM by Adobe Product User

E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER

Audymobile

I am getting this error and it is frustrating me. I need to access this book for my class and still have not gotten it. I have paid money for it and would like to use it sometime....

I installed this program on my friends computer and accessed the book. At the time, that was the only place I could download the book and read it. Now I would like to switch it to my computer so that I can do my homework and assignments at my place. I have looked and tried and everything you can ever imagine to fix it, but I still get the same error.

Please help!

• 1. Re: E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER
          prcdvd

well I'm actually having the same trouble with my new ebook purchased. Help please !!!!!!!!!!!

• 2. Re: E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER
            Grunntim

I have almost the same problem. I bought an e-book and opened it in unauthorised ADE. After a day or two i remembered to authorise ADE so i did. However, i'm not allowed to open my e-book now.

Does anyone have a solution?

• 3. Re: E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER
              EditCenter Level 1

The problem E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER is a result of:

- Downloading and associating book downloads with DigitalEdition and not having an AdobeID. (It get associated with an anonymous account)

- After creating a AdobeID the book can not be read with this new ID (It is already fulfilled with another anonumous user!)

+ So best thing to do is to remove the book, and ask the book seller a new download opportunity and associate the book with this new AdobeID.

So there is perfect logic to have this error. Adobe wil not solve this problem for you. Please contact the bookstore/bookseller!

We can complain about it but there is has no use: This is the digital book world, yes it would never happen with paperbooks. They never fall out of the shelves, but can not be copied that easy

Good luck, and have fun with your e-readers!

• 4. Re: E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER
                paholloway@bigpond.com

I am getting the same message on

my computer.

I have 2 books on ADE but can't seem to add any more.

I have quite a few books in my kobo library, but that's as far as they get.

I don't know what to do.

Can anyone help?

• 5. Re: E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER
                  prcdvd Level 1

well I'm not sure completly but I've seen somewhere that  message was caused by an unappropriate download or validation.

you should contact who sold you the ebook to solve. i did it to my e-seller and seems was the correct procedure. I'm in italy so i still await for result but you may be more lucky else where.

sent thru my iPad

Il giorno 17/apr/2011, alle ore 07:54, gypsygirl14 <forums@adobe.com> ha scritto:

I am getting the same message on

my computer.

I have 2 books on ADE but can't seem to add any more.

I have quite a few books in my kobo library, but that's as far as they get.

I don't know what to do.

Can anyone help?

>

• 7. Re: E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER
                    Devaki65 Level 1

"I am getting the error 'Error getting License: License server communication problem: E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER' when opening Adobe Digital Editions."

This error message is a result of a several different issues:

1. User has installed an Adobe ID on more than one machine
                    2. User has modified the clocks on their computer
                    3. User has modified their account from a "Do Not Authorize" to an "Adobe Activated ID"
                    4. User has uninstalled and re-installed Adobe Digital Editions, but the installation is not being completely removed from the computer.

Resolution: Follow these steps:

1. Uninstall Adobe Digital Editions using one of these two methods:
                      • Start > Programs > Adobe > Adobe Digital Editions > Uninstall
                      • Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add Remove Programs
                    2. Initiate Uninstall
                    3. In order to remove all remnants of Adobe Digital Editions / Adobe Adept from the machine a "Registry Edit" will need to be performed:
                      • Start > Run > Regedit
                    4. Search for HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Adobe > Adept and Delete the full "Adept" folder
                    5. Remove only the structures that are under the "SOFTWARE" extensions. This will remove the Adobe ID / License and Activation Keys
                    6. Clear any outstanding tasks that may be associated to Adobe Digital Editions downloads
                      • C:\data\my digital editions
                      • C:\my documents\my digital editions
                    7. Delete any documents within these folders:
                      • Restore > Tasks
                      • Restore > Failed
                    8. Re-install Adobe Digital Editions

This is the information I came across on the forums--hope it helps.

2 people found this helpful
                    • 9. Re: E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER
                      readingnut1959

I did try the exact steps you outlined. reinstalled, reactivated, and still unable to download my books from local library. I have been downloading books for over a year and never had this issue before upgrading my ADE.  I have struck out with Adobe support too.

• 10. Re: E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER
                        Devaki65 Level 1

Do you have an Adobe ID? Have you reactivated your Adobe Digital

Editions with the Adobe ID? Did you use your Adobe ID when borrowing

e-books from your local library?

Perhaps the links to the books you borrowed are old--you will need to

get your library to refresh them.

My problem is that I used one e-mail ID as an Adobe ID and a second

one (for one site) when I bought e-books. Hence the problem.

• 11. Re: E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER
                          garthoid

My computer with ADE died. I have a new computer, new install of ADE and could not authorized. I de-authorized and reauthorized. When I attempt to get my book from the library I get the dreaded E_LIC_ALEADY_FULLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER.

How do I get access to my authorized content?

• 12. Re: E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER
                            lorenzo jedi

I've got the same problem.

All that is not acceptable: first, I've paid with "good" money; second, I often need to change my computer...what should I do? Reset all the licences of my ebooks? Install/unistall, registry keys edit...this is a bad approach. If this is the drm solution to garantee sellers (and not buyers!), I'll be back to paper, or - better - I'll borrow the book from a library.

• 13. Re: E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER
                              amym76518357

I contacted the bookseller (kobo) and they said it is nothing to do with them it is an issue with Adobe.

I replied back with the information I have found on these forums because I have re-downloaded old books with no issue and also bought a new one from waterstones to double check and they all worked fine.  I have also told kobo this and am awaiting their result.  I told them to sort it or give a full refund.....now wait and see

• 14. Re: E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER
                                donnag84692675

I believe this issue is actually an Adobe issue.  I just gave a week of my life to attempting to download public library books to my Kobo. I, too, thought about returning my Kobo.  However, it came from Japan via ebay...and would have cost as much as I spent to return it to Japanese seller!  Anyway, I've found that the Kobo help people have superior IQs to those at Adobe.

Can't tell you how many Adobe chats I've attempted.  After I carefully describe my situation, I'll get something like, "May I know if you are having trouble signing in to Adobe?"   Arggh!  Can't tell you how many times I've been told to reset my password!

Anyway, this Error message about another user is definitely tied into the option that ADE gives you to sign in w/o authorizing your computer.  Then when you try to sync with your eReader, you can not. I've been successful with what was described above, namely, uninstalling Adobe completely and signing into a new download with a totally different ID and password.  It's all extremely frustrating and part of living in this crazy world.

• 15. Re: E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER
                                  pawelk19036154 Level 1

Solution:

1. Open Adobe Digital Editions.
                                  2. Press Control-Shift-D (Windows) or Shift-Command-D (Mac OS) to deauthorize Adobe Digital Editions.
                                  3. Choose Help > Authorize Adobe Digital Editions with you Adobe account ID(e-mail) and pass.
                                  4. Open your document
                                  2 people found this helpful
                                  • 16. Re: E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER
                                    DanaPost

How did you reach Adobe Support?  I can not seem to find a phone number or a way to chat with adobe support.  I, like everyone on this site, am frustrated.

• 17. Re: E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER
                                      BillC27290

Adobe Support was no help....they told me to go to the forum

• 18. Re: E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER
                                        DanaPost Level 1

Did you use Twitter?  I received tweets, texts & emails but not until I used the Twitter as suggested.

Sent from my iPad

• 19. Re: E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER
                                          nexist

I received this error because I was using an AdobeID to access an OverDrive book. I don't know if there is a way to link the two.

• 20. Re: E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER
                                            daniels10281860 Level 1

Quote: "The problem E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER is a result of:

- Downloading and associating book downloads with DigitalEdition and not having an AdobeID. (It get associated with an anonymous account)

- After creating a AdobeID the book can not be read with this new ID (It is already fulfilled with another anonumous user!)

+ So best thing to do is to remove the book, and ask the book seller a new download opportunity and associate the book with this new AdobeID.

So there is perfect logic to have this error. Adobe wil not solve this problem for you. Please contact the bookstore/bookseller!"

There's just one problem.  What if the ebook provider is your library and they have no clue how to fix this issue?

Any suggestions to fix this issue when you've got a faceless., non-techy library workers who know nothing about how this system works to help you "redownload the ACSM fi;e" but the system is done automatically through their library portal?

• 21. Re: E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER
                                              daniels10281860 Level 1

Quote: "

Solution:

2. Press Control-Shift-D (Windows) or Shift-Command-D (Mac OS) to deauthorize Adobe Digital Editions.
                                              3. Choose Help > Authorize Adobe Digital Editions with you Adobe account ID(e-mail) and pass.
                                              4. Open your document"

Yeah....and what do you do when that doesn't work after a dozen failed attempts?

• 22. Re: E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER
                                                Aligrani

Quote: "

Solution:

4. Open your document"

Yeah....and what do you do when that doesn't work after a dozen failed attempts?

Agree - beware this solution!!

After de-authorising I get a message that this computer cannot be authorised using an ADOBE account that has already been used for another computer or device. !

• 23. Re: E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER
                                                  betseym16717253

I am also having this same issue.  I've tried the uninstall and clean up registry and re-install twice (the second time I rebooted before doing the reinstall).  I've deactivated and reactivated my computer.  I chatted with customer support and they were no help at all, sent me to this forum.  They claim the "experts" here on this forum will help me.  So what do I do now.  So now what?

• 24. Re: E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER
                                                    Aligrani Level 1

I had downloaded an ePub book from a library. Nothing worked - authorised and deauthorised my computer. It is now set with ADE unauthorised. But, I belong to a different library also and downloaded two other books from there, both ePub. ADE had no problem with these, and I used ultimate to covert them to mobi for my kindle No problem. I remember reading somewhere that the "in use by another user" was a problem from the vendor end, in my case it would seem to be the first library. I have not made contact, yet As I have spent enough time on it already. But others may also find it is worth considering that the problem may not be with ones own computer at all So I thought I would post this.

• 25. Re: E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER
                                                      kellmoon

STUPID ADOBE.  Stop interfering in people's lives.  If I OWN a real book, I can lend it to anyone in the world I want over and over and over again and you or NO ONE can do anything about it.  Stop being a da*m Book Gestapo Nazi.  We PAID for our books - make it EASY for us to use them to our pleasure, on whatever device we decide to use on any given day!!!

OR =- SOMEONE PLEASE CREATE A NEW PROGRAM THAT IS BETTER THAN THIS JUNK.

Kobo could have a different solution that Adobe Digital Editions to use.  I would dump this crud off my computer in a hot second if I had an alternative. JUST WANT TO READ MY DAMN BOOKS I PAID FOR ON MY SONY DAILY EDITIONS EREADER.

• 26. Re: E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER
                                                        andril93833020

Ebooks was sure a fun thing. Untill The only e(rror)book we'll ever read is Adobe digital Editions: E_LIC_ALREAdY_FULIFILL_BY_ANTHER_READER. End of adobe

• 27. Re: E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER
                                                          kellmoon Level 1

It's too difficult and too time consuming. Thank you for killing reading, Adobe, Kobo, Google and all the rest.  You allow spammers and thieves and every other huckster to use your servers but we can't get our epubs on our epub readers.  Really great job, I will continue to try and find ways around you.

I had to call Kobo and THEY had to try and remove the DRM so my books could be downloaded and put on my ereader. I literally spent a total of at least 5-6 hours on this the last week for 13 books purchased and we still couldn't get all of them, they had to put me in for a refund of my money. What the hell is wrong with this picture??

FIX IT.

• 28. Re: E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER
                                                            tatianas10694133

Thank you for the help!

• 29. Re: E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER
                                                              idowujabbar

Thank you for suggesting this resolution. It worked like magic and now I have my ebook on my computer. Happy with the outcome. Cheers!

• 30. Re: E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER
                                                                idowujabbar Level 1

Please use the steps below. It resolved the same issue for me.

Resolution: Follow these steps:

1. Uninstall Adobe Digital Editions using one of these two methods:
                                                                  • Start > Programs > Adobe > Adobe Digital Editions > Uninstall
                                                                  • Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add Remove Programs
                                                                2. Initiate Uninstall
                                                                3. In order to remove all remnants of Adobe Digital Editions / Adobe Adept from the machine a "Registry Edit" will need to be performed:
                                                                  • Start > Run > Regedit
                                                                4. Search for HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Adobe > Adept and Delete the full "Adept" folder
                                                                5. Remove only the structures that are under the "SOFTWARE" extensions. This will remove the Adobe ID / License and Activation Keys
                                                                6. Clear any outstanding tasks that may be associated to Adobe Digital Editions downloads
                                                                  • C:\data\my digital editions
                                                                  • C:\my documents\my digital editions
                                                                7. Delete any documents within these folders:
                                                                  • Restore > Tasks
                                                                  • Restore > Failed
                                                                8. Re-install Adobe Digital Editions

This is the information I came across on the forums--hope it helps.

• 31. Re: E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER
                                                                  GeorgeKaplan

This did not work at all for me.

• 32. Re: E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER
                                                                    kellmoon Level 1

Yeah, no way I'm going into regedit to download a ebook I BOUGHT...

Best I can tell - if you buy a book by Kobo or Google or whatever - and you use Adobe Digital Editions - you have to use ONE computer to access your ADE program and download books from. Heaven forbid we should trade ebooks (even though people have shared their hard copy books for hundreds of years without the book police coming in and shutting them down...) -- but yeah, they don't want you to be able to do that.  So be really sure you are using one computer log in for Kobo or whatever , then Adobe or whatever, and ADE -- its a damn police state when it comes to reading material now. LOL

• 33. Re: E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER
                                                                      Adobe Product User

I'm also getting the E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER error!