3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 1, 2010 7:22 AM by Ned Murphy

Drill Down Map

Danny Beckman

Hi, I am trying to create a drill down map of the state of Wisconsin.  I would like to be able to see a map of the state as well as the counties, I would then like to be able to click on a county to obtain more information.  How can I create a map that does this?

Thanks,

Dan

• 1. Re: Drill Down Map
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What are you having a problem with?  If you create each county as a movieclip, and assemble them all together, you will have the map of the state and counties.  By having the counties as movieclips, you can click on any one of them and present whatever other information you intend in whatever way you intend to display it.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Drill Down Map
            Danny Beckman Level 1

Thanks Ned, I am coming from the GIS (Geographic Information Systems) world, and am trying to create a rich interactive map of the state of Wisconsin.  What is the best way to create a movieclip(s)?  Should I use Flash Builder 4?  I know I have a lot of work to learn more about programming in Adobe Flex.

Thanks again,

Dan

• 3. Re: Drill Down Map
              Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you are working with Flex you should be posting in a Flex forum (http://forums.adobe.com/community/flex).

In Flash it would be a matter of having/creating whatever graphic you need for a county and converting it into a movieclip via the menu option to do so or using a shortcut of the keybboard.