1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 31, 2010 7:26 AM by nealeh

Grey screen in v9 using Windows 7 64 bit and Serious Error

4EverRock

GreyScreen.jpgHi,

Whenever I try to create or open an existing project, I get a grey screen with the menu bar at the top.  The majority of the menu selections are disabled.  I also frequently get an error message 'Sorry, a serious error has occurred that requires Adobe Premiere Elements to shut down, We will attempt to save your current project.'

Here's the specs on my system:

Windows 7 Home Premium N 64 Bit OS

Intel Cpre i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67 Ghz

Installed memory (RAM) 4 GB, 1.99 GB usable

I've had these problems since buying/installing the software earlier this month, however they were intermittant.  I did a complete reinstall this morning and now I get these errors every time.  I should point out that the Radeon graphics card disables control over graphi acceleration.

I need to make a movie for my son's college application this week, so any tips on resolving this would be greatly appreciated.Error.jpg

• 1. Re: Grey screen in v9 using Windows 7 64 bit and Serious Error
          nealeh Level 5

Another poster recently had an issue where he had 12GB ram installed but windows showed only 8GB usable. He pinned it down to some of his RAM chips not being fully seated in the mother board connectors. As you are also receiving 'usable memory' less than installed memory that may be a good place to start. You can download a free checker here: http://www.memtest86.com/. You can also buy the product on CD, but that's not necessary unless you are unable to create a boot disk from a disk image file.

Cheers,
          --
          Neale
          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

1 person found this helpful