18 Replies Latest reply on Nov 1, 2007 8:04 AM by

DW CS3 Trial on Vista Ultimate, no go

Hi.

I'm currently using MX 2004 suite and considering updating.

So i bought a Vista Ultimate and downloaded the DW CS3 Trial.
      Installing went fine, but everytime i select the option for Trial i get the error :

A problem was encountered while trying to load the trial periode for Adobe Dreamweaver CS3
      + some other about reebooting and reinstalling.

Tried reboot, reinstalling, installing as Admin with and without Antivirus enabled, but no god.

Any ideas?
        • 1. Re: DW CS3 Trial on Vista Ultimate, no go
          Level 7
          Right click and select Run as Administrator.

--
          Murray --- ICQ 71997575
          Adobe Community Expert
          (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
          ==================
          http://www.dreamweavermx-templates.com - Template Triage!
          http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
          http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
          http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/ - Macromedia (MM) Technotes
          ==================

"BoSJo" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:f8075d$p97$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Hi.
          >
          > I'm currently using MX 2004 suite and considering updating.
          >
          > So i bought a Vista Ultimate and downloaded the DW CS3 Trial.
          > Installing went fine, but everytime i select the option for Trial i get
          > the
          > error :
          >
          > A problem was encountered while trying to load the trial periode for Adobe
          > Dreamweaver CS3
          > + some other about reebooting and reinstalling.
          >
          > Tried reboot, reinstalling, installing as Admin with and without Antivirus
          > enabled, but no god.
          >
          > Any ideas?
          >

• 2. Re: DW CS3 Trial on Vista Ultimate, no go
            Did that already, not helping.

Also right click and ran the installation as Administrator.

I have googled my a** of trying to find a soulution, looooooooots of people having this issue, but none with the answer :-/
            • 3. Re: DW CS3 Trial on Vista Ultimate, no go
              Level 7
              BoSJo wrote:
              > I have googled my a** of trying to find a soulution, looooooooots of people
              > having this issue, but none with the answer :-/

See if any of this helps:

http://www.adobe.com/support/service/trial.html

--
              David Powers, Adobe Community Expert
              Author, "The Essential Guide to Dreamweaver CS3" (friends of ED)
              Author, "PHP Solutions" (friends of ED)
              http://foundationphp.com/
              • 4. Re: DW CS3 Trial on Vista Ultimate, no go
                I have already been allover Adobe support sites, can't find anything that helps.
                I have been using MM products for several years, and have always been able to find problem solutions and helping others on eksperten.dk with MM related problems, by using the support pages, but this one really bugs me.
                Can't find any info on this issue anywhere, only lots of others having the same problem.

Have Reinstalled, and rebooted, redownloaded several times, and reinstalled............I'm going out of my self here *Cry*

------

See if any of this helps:

http://www.adobe.com/support/service/trial.html

--

• 5. Re: DW CS3 Trial on Vista Ultimate, no go
                  Level 7
                  BoSJo wrote:
                  > I have already been allover Adobe support sites, can't find anything that helps.

One final suggestion: either log into Vista as Administrator and run the
                  installer from there, or try turning off User Account Control. The
                  permissions system in Vista seems to cause problems with some programs.

--
                  1 person found this helpful
                  • 6. DW CS3 Trial on Vista Ultimate, no go
                    So i have now both disabled UAC and activated the Admin acount and logged in for installation.
                    Also tried to run the setup and program as "XP SP2" via the compatibitity tab
                    Still a no go :-(

What a sad thing, only reason for buying Vista was to try, and perhaps upgrade my MX 2004 suite.

Dossent any of you guys have contact to the development department?
                    This must be something they know about since so many people have this problem (ref. google)

Bo Johansen

quote:

Originally posted by: Newsgroup User

One final suggestion: either log into Vista as Administrator and run the
                    installer from there, or try turning off User Account Control

• 7. Re: DW CS3 Trial on Vista Ultimate, no go
                      Level 7
                      BoSJo wrote:
                      > What a sad thing, only reason for buying Vista was to try and perhaps upgrade
                      > my MX 2004 suite.

Do you still have your old computer? If so, I suggest you try it on
                      that. If you like it, then upgrade. Once you do so, you qualify for
                      installation support.

> Dossent any of you guys have contact to the development department?

The type of contact that I have, at least, doesn't run to this type of
                      issue. The new installer is very touchy. If it finds anything that it
                      doesn't like, it goes into a sulk. Trying to find the cause can be a
                      major headache. It's even more complicated with the trial, because the
                      security settings in the trial are designed to prevent you from hacking
                      it so that it will run for more than 30 days. I'm not suggesting that
                      you have done anything to hack the trial. It's possibly something that
                      has been triggered by an anti-virus or firewall program.

--
                      • 8. Re: DW CS3 Trial on Vista Ultimate, no go
                        Level 7
                        David Powers wrote:
                        > BoSJo wrote:
                        >
                        >> Dossent any of you guys have contact to the development department?
                        >
                        > The type of contact that I have, at least, doesn't run to this type of
                        > issue.

Nevertheless, I have sent a message to the Dreamweaver team, pointing
                        out the need for something to be done about the numerous problems with
                        getting the trial to work. I'll post back here if and when I get a response.

--
                        • 9. Re: DW CS3 Trial on Vista Ultimate, no go
                          quote:

Do you still have your old computer?

Well it's the same PC, and the old Operating System was Windows 2000 Pro.
                          CS3 dossent support Windows 2000 Pro, so that wouldent be of much help :-(

Thanks for sending the mail :-)
                          Hope they have an answer for the problem.

Bo Johansen
                          • 11. Re: DW CS3 Trial on Vista Ultimate, no go
                            UkonCornelias Level 1
                            I am having the same problem. Vista Ultimate 32bit, and Dreamweaver CS3. I emailed Adobe Customer Support and their response was, "Sorry, we don't provide support for Trial Versions." Isn't that nice. I too am a MX 2004 user and would like to purchase the upgrade to CS3, but if the damn thing won't run on Vista (which it is supposed to), why would I buy it?
                            Terrible Customer Service from Adobe.
                            • 12. Re: DW CS3 Trial on Vista Ultimate, no go
                              Level 7
                              The error looks like an "expired trial" message. This happens if a
                              previous trial was installed. Maybe you had a 2004 or DW8 trial at some
                              point and that triggered CS3 to appear expired? As it gives you the
                              option to click Next and enter a serial number, I would guess the full
                              version will work (I've been using it on Vista with no problems) - but
                              you'd need to purchase CS3 to test that theory. :-(

--
                              Alec
                              Adobe Community Expert
                              • 13. Re: DW CS3 Trial on Vista Ultimate, no go
                                UkonCornelias Level 1
                                BTW... I have noticed that with both Dreamweaver and Fireworks CS3 Trial Versions, the following event is logged in the Windows (Vista) Application log when I try and run the programs (and get the error message from them that there was a problem loading the Trial Period) :

Log Name: Application
                                Source: SideBySide
                                Date: 7/25/2007 10:29:28 AM
                                Event ID: 33
                                Task Category: None
                                Level: Error
                                Keywords: Classic
                                User: N/A
                                Computer: VistaPC1.arbor01.com
                                Description:
                                Activation context generation failed for "C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc80.mfc_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.163_none_0c187ef99ee 1d25a\MFC80U.DLL". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type= "win32",version="8.0.50608.0" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.
                                • 14. Re: DW CS3 Trial on Vista Ultimate, no go
                                  quote:

The error looks like an "expired trial" message.

Im on a clean install of Vista, with no other trials ever installed.
                                  Got the MX 2004 suite installed though, but not the first time i tried to get CS3 trial working
                                  • 15. Re: DW CS3 Trial on Vista Ultimate, no go
                                    UkonCornelias Level 1
                                    Me too. Clean install of Vista. Then downloaded the trial versions of Fireworks and Dreamweaver CS3 and installed them.
                                    • 16. Re: DW CS3 Trial on Vista Ultimate, no go
                                      quote:

David Powers wrote:

Nevertheless, I have sent a message to the Dreamweaver team, pointing
                                      out the need for something to be done about the numerous problems with
                                      getting the trial to work. I'll post back here if and when I get a response.

Hi David.

Have you heard anything from them?

Bo Johansen
                                      • 17. Re: DW CS3 Trial on Vista Ultimate, no go
                                        Level 7
                                        BoSJo wrote:
                                        > Have you heard anything from them?

No, I'm afraid not. :(

--
                                        • 18. Re: DW CS3 Trial on Vista Ultimate, no go
                                          Still no news about this issue?