2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 2, 2007 9:57 AM by kitty1967

Exporting to Excel

Goodday all:

I'm having this dreaded issue with SSL and IE and exporting query data to an Excel spreadsheet. At first I was getting this:

internet explorer cannot download [filename] from [server].

Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later.

I searched here and on the livedocs and found the caching issue when trying to do this on an SSL server. I found the offending cfheaders in an OnRequestEnd.cfm file and commented them out. Now the spreadsheet downloads.

New issue though -- now it's throwing all of the data into a single cell in the spreadsheet. I haven't found any messages dealing with this issue. What could be the problem now?

Everything works as it should in my development environment! I'm at my wits end on this one! Has anyone broke the code here?

• 1. Re: Exporting to Excel
          Break it down to the most-basic components. Are you using HTML to create your spreadsheet? If so, does the HTML validate if you run it against the W3C's validator?

What are the differences, if any, between the production and development environments?

Did removing the cfheader tags cause the problem with the single cell? If you put the cfheader tags back, will that fix the problem?

Can you try a different browser?
          • 2. Re: Exporting to Excel
            kitty1967 Level 1
            I found my own answer. In all of my attempts to combat the IE caching issue with SSL, I had added <cfsetting enablecfoutputonly="yes"> because I had seen it somewhere. I got rid of this setting and now my spreadsheet exports perfectly.