2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 1, 2010 7:56 AM by David Zeno

snowman Flash game - move ojbects possible ?

David Zeno Level 1

Hi everyone,

Have you ever come across Flash games at Christmas time, where kids can build a snowman, by moving graphics around on the screen.....

i.e. move the snow balls into place, add a carrot for the nose, move the eyes into place etc.

something lke this:

http://www.flash-game.net/game/1482/create-a-snowman.html

All graphic elements are usually in one area of the game, and the kids just move them into place.  These are Flash games, and flash has the ability to do this,

does anyone know if Flash Catalyst is capable of doing this also ?

Thanks for any help everyone !

• 1. Re: snowman Flash game - move ojbects possible ?
          Peter Flynn (Adobe) Adobe Employee

Hi David,

Currently, drag/drop interactions can't be created using Flash Catalyst alone.  But there are two ways you can leverage Flash Builder in combinaion with Flash Catalyst to build an app like this:

1. Prototype the app in Catalyst, then import it into Builder and add the dragging behavior by writing some code.  Caveat: you won't be able to reopen the project in Catalyst after modifying it in Builder; to make more changes using Catalyst, you'll have to modify the older copy of the project and then use Builder to merge the updates into the new copy.

2. The next versions of Catalyst and Builder, codenamed "Panini" and "Burrito," allow you to create custom behavior in Builder and then assign artwork to that behavior directly within Catalyst (and continue editing in Catalyst afterward).  Early preview releases of these products are available now if you want to try this.

Hope that helps!

- Peter

• 2. Re: snowman Flash game - move ojbects possible ?
            David Zeno Level 1

Hi Peter,

Great info you gave me and others in this thread.  I'm guessing that I'm not the only one who has thought of this.

Thanks very much for information, good to know.

Dave.