Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 8, broken links under chapter folder

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2010 Nov 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This might be related to my previous problem with Robohelp 8. As advised, I have downlaoded the patches, and I do have broken links. But they are not under  Broken Links in Project Manager, but rather under the main chapter folders to which each of them (each topic) belongs.

Hence I am not quite sure how to 'restore' them?

I would really appreciate some tips on what I could be possibly missing here?

Thanks,

Sangeeta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screenshot using the camera icon above.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Broken Links _under chapter - Getting Started.png

Hi Peter, please find attached an image of my Project Manager pane. The topics shown as deleted are actually very much part of the project, and have not been tampered with. Thank you for your time and help. Really appreciate it. Regards, Sangeeta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is normally a sign that the topics have been renamed, moved or deleted from outside RoboHelp. If you find out what has happened, put them back to the state they were in before the rename, move, deletion and you'll be OK.

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Sangeeta's case this is down to having opened the project before the patches were applied. See Opening Projects on my site and it tells you what to do. The broken links relate to the missing topics that you will have to reimport into the project. They should still be on your hard disk although in some cases, me included, the bug trashed them there as well. You will have to use your backup if that has happened.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Have sailed through! Phew!

I do not remember having deleted or modified any of the files within the Getting Started chapter folder, and am still wondering how those topics were moved or deleted. I have now copied them from a previous backup and the broken links problem has been resolved. Thank you Peter and Colum for your valuable time and suggestions. Really appreciate all the help.

Would you suggest any 'best practices' for good measure other than taking a backup ?

Regards,

Sangeeta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem arose because of a bug. You didn't do anything wrong apart from not keeping up to date with patches.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp