3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2010 4:03 PM by Mark C. Dahm

2.0 Starter Edition Cannot Load Videos and Scanned Photos?

cars2

We are using the Stater Edition 2.0 and has been working great, but we now can only retrieve photos, not videos and scanned photos from the camera since taking the HP to a computer geek.

Using the browse settings for camera/card reader what do I need to change?.  Currently the path is c:\documents and settings\allusers\startmenu\programs\my documents\my pictures\adobe\digital camera photos.  This path works fine from our powershot pro1 camera for photos and we need help to retrieve videos and scanned photos from this camera. HELP!

• 1. Re: 2.0 Starter Edition Cannot Load Videos and Scanned Photos?
          Mark C. Dahm Adobe Employee

The Browse setting controls where files go when they are copied from your camera or card reader. It has no impact on the files AFTER they've been copied.

Do you 'see' your videos in Starter Edition? But then are unable to play them? If so, then the files have been moved, and you should use the reconnect feature (under the File menu) to allow the program a chance to try to find the file, and reconnect them at their real location. Try looking in the Videos folder.

-Mark

• 2. Re: 2.0 Starter Edition Cannot Load Videos and Scanned Photos?
            cars2 Level 1

Hi Mark, thanks for the reply.  My problem is that videos and scanned items from

memory card will not copy into 2.0 photoshop, because the path has been

changed?  I am still trying to copy but as of this date no success.  Any ideas? 

Henry/cars2

• 3. Re: 2.0 Starter Edition Cannot Load Videos and Scanned Photos?
              Mark C. Dahm Adobe Employee

cars,

I think there is a terminology issue with how you phrased your question, so I don't understand the issue.

You say the path has changed, and therefore you cannot copy files into Starter Edition. That is not how you use Starter Edition.

To add an item to Starter Edition, you click File>Add>Folders, and point to wherever the files are located. If you are having trouble locating the files that you want to add to Starter Edition, that is not something that can be fixed in Starter Edition; you need to know how to traverse your file system using Explorer, to locate the files that you want to add.

If, on the other hand, you are able to navigate to the folder where the assets are that you want to add, and you are unable to see them, it could be that they are in a format that Starter Edition cannot support; what are the file extensions?

-Mark