Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scheduled Tasks not running

Engaged ,
Nov 02, 2010 Nov 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a few scheduled tasks that just don't run anymore.  I'm using CF 9.01.  There isn't an error in the code, as I can run the tasks directly but they are scheduled and just don't run.  How can I find out why they aren't running?

Thanks,

-Westside

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) Do you have Schedule Task loggin turned on?  Have you looked at that log file?

2) Have you in looked into the Application Log? The Exception Log? The ColdFusion-out Log?

3) Have you configured the Scheduled task to capture any output generated by the web server and write that to a file?  Have you looked at that file?

98.432% of the time one hears of a ColdFusion schedule task that runs fine when a user requests the URL but not when ColdFusion does, it is a permission issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

If you run the task from within ColdFusion, you are running it as the ColdFusion user correct?  If so, my tasks run fine from within CF Admin, so I'm not sure if it's a permission isssue.

I will try the steps you outlined to see if I can get any more insight on to why they aren't running.

-WestSide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WestSide wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

If you run the task from within ColdFusion, you are running it as the ColdFusion user correct?

Interesting question.  I have always thought NO, you are running it with the permissions you have logged into the browser with.  But I am not sure about the 'run' button in the Scheduled task tool.

But, if you where to capture the output of the schedule task, that usually becomes instantly clear since the output would be a message about not having permissions to the resource.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 09, 2010 Nov 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1) Check the box to output the results to a file.

2) Schedule the task to run five minutes from now.

3) In six minutes, open the text file indicated in step one.

I bet the text file points you to a permissions issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation