0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2010 11:21 AM by mentlity

Flash CS5 - memory question

mentlity Level 1

I'm on a Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 Dual Core with 4 gigs of memory. I run all my flash files off an external firewire drive which has 50 gigs free.

I have begun to notice that in CS5 when I have 2 flash files open I'm able to work between the two with no problem. As more work is done the files obviously become a bit bigger but I'm referring to small files. After a while when I copy or move content I get blank frames where content should be, if I delete unwanted files within the library that are not on stage or used the entire stage contents are deleted. Then if I close both open file windows and reopen one I get " Could not open one or more scenes prob because of low memory to increase close windows. I would have thought this was a memory problem but I checked my activity monitor and it is as follows:

flash 542.mb

firefox 219mb

mail75.8 mb all windows closed (just programs opened)

I do see that I have 46.8 gigs of free space on the drive with the flash files.

If I shut the computer down and open the same amount of windows I had before the problem does not present itself until I have done work to the files. So does Flash cache  the files I'm using ?

any explaination?

rd