Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to force BAM dashboards to autogenerate

Level 2

Hey,

We desgined a process long-lived and wanted to autogenerate the BAM dashboards now by just clicking the checkbox in the configuration screen. But somehow the BAM dashboards for this process do not get generated they are missing.

What is the best way to make this happen ?

We tried to undelpoy and deploy the process again, nothing changed. Also deleting the process and reimporting the process show the checkbox is clicked but the dashboards don't get generated.

any hint is welcome, we use ES2 with SP1 on a JBOSS system with turnkey installation

thank you

Dieter

5 Replies

Level 10

The only thing you should have to do is check that checkbox and deploy the process.

Can you check if you have any error in the BAM app server log. It should be under C:\Adobe\Adobe LiveCycle ES2\jboss-bam\server\all\log\server.log if you use a turnkey install.

Jasmin

Level 2

there is nothing special in the server.log which relates to this ...

when makeing a new process on the system and checkbox the auto generation the process gets it own folder on the bam dashboards and populates. seems to work fine, how ever on the one we had already designed and tested and run several times is not making this :-(

seems like a bug

would SP2 fix this maybe ?

thank you

Dieter

Level 10

I don't know then.

It should create the objects when you deploy. Even if it's one that already exists.

It could be a bug. I don't think SP2 will do much to it.

Jasmin

Level 2

just to close the issue loop here, the fault was in the size of the name of the process. once the name of the

process was corrected to a max.24 characters (including fullpath) the generation worked.

alternative you can alter the size of the tables fields to 255 ...

Former Community Member

Hi Dieter,

I seem to have the same problem. I don't really want to change the process name, so which tables fields I need to expand to 255 ?

Thanks,

Thomas