3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 19, 2010 1:46 PM by Shongrunden

Using transformGestureEvents in Flash/Flex Builder

gotoAndStay

Hi all,

I am trying to use the TransformGestureEvents to allow interaction inside of a FLARE based application. I want to create a data visualisation app with touch interaction.

I have Flash Player 10.1, which is needed for these classes, as i have already used them in a Flash CS5 test project, and i worked great!  But when i try to import the transform gesture events, an error appears saying:

1172: Defination flash.events:TransformGestureEvents could not be found.

Has anyone got any idea how i can use TransformGestureEvents inside of Flash Builder?

Any advice, is deeply appreciated!

Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: Using transformGestureEvents in Flash/Flex Builder
          Shongrunden Adobe Employee

What version of Flex and Flash Player are you using?

You can easily tell by adding this to your application:

<s:VGroup>

<s:Label text="Flash Player Version: {Capabilities.version}" />

<s:Label text="Flex SDK Version: {mx_internal::VERSION}" />

</s:VGroup>

• 2. Re: Using transformGestureEvents in Flash/Flex Builder
            gotoAndStay Level 1

Thanks for your reply!

I am using flex 4.0 SDK and flash player 10.1.

Since then i have tried to use the adobe air 2.5 SDK because I read somewhere that it included Touch events. I have tried to overlay the AIR SDK into my Flex 4.0 SDK folder and it doesn't seem to have worked. I am using a mac and the documentation out there to do this , isn't exactly straight forward and ive followed the instructions, but no success. Im really surprised that Adobe have not released a flex SDk with Touch events include, i mean it seem dumb not too!?!?

Maybe if i gave you more of an insight into what i want to achieve, this could help.

I want to use flash builder to create a search for a series of media API's (e.g Spotify/Last.FM or YouTube) the user would search for what they want and the results would be displayed in a Radial Tree Layout using the FLARE library to construct the visualisaton and I wanted to use Gestures to enable the user to navigate around the results, (ZOOMING, SELECTING, etc). I have thought about using OpenFrameworks to do this, but I would prefer to use FLASH.

I am creating this project for my Final Degree!

Any advice on this, would be great.

• 3. Re: Using transformGestureEvents in Flash/Flex Builder
              Shongrunden Adobe Employee

You might want to try using the next release of Flex code named Hero: http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flexsdk_hero/