3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 3, 2010 11:11 AM by Ann Bens

SDHC and Mini-DV?

mikec82 Level 1

I've just switched from Final Cut Pro to Premiere (and from Mac to PC). I have a wedding I'm filming Saturday and am trying to get my presets right. The ceremony will be shot with 3 cameras. One is a Canon T2i, and the other two are Canon HV40s. The T2i uses SDHC, and the HV40s are HDV. I had planned on filming in 60i. What is the best sequence settings to use? I've seen that Premiere has a DSLR sequence preset that would be perfect for the T2i, but I'm not sure how the HV40s would work on top of that.

• 1. Re: SDHC and Mini-DV?
          Jim_Simon Level 8

If it were me, I'd limit shooting to the same cameras.

• 2. Re: SDHC and Mini-DV?
            Colin Brougham Level 6

The T2i uses SDHC, and the HV40s are HDV...

Just for clarity's sake, the former is a storage medium, the latter is a video format. Not really comparable

I had planned on filming in 60i.

As far as I'm aware, the T2i does not shoot in any interlaced mode. Both 1080 (30p, 25p, 24p) and 720 (50p, 60p) HD modes are progressive. I think the HV40 has both 30p and 24p progressive modes--actually native modes, unlike earlier incarnations like the HV20 and HV30. However, it's just 1080, so unless you're going to downrez it to match the T2i 720p, or uprez the T2i's 720p to 1080 to match the HV40, you're probably better off starting in 1080p with both cameras. Just pick the frame rate you like (well, probably the client likes), and use a matching sequence.

• 3. Re: SDHC and Mini-DV?
              Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The HV40 is 1440x1080 with a par of 1.33. IMO it is best to keep it interlaced.

One can drop the hv40 footage into a 1920x1080 non anamorphic sequence without a problem.