1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 13, 2007 6:25 AM by Newsgroup_User

FW Preloader

FWebDev66
      Are all preloaders built in flash or can we do this in FW? My main problem is that when my page loads on a slow connection you can see the small images / slices pop in one by one. I would either like to put in a preloader or just have them all load in the BG and when they are loaded then the whole site pops in. I have done this kind of stuff in flash but i don't own a copy and was wondering if I could complete this in FW.

-C
        • 1. Re: FW Preloader
          Level 7
          Preloaders are normally done in Flash though I have seen some javascript
          ones for images.

If you are talking about this site: http://perpetualfxcreative.net,it
          wouldn't take much to cut the size of the page in half (or less). Then
          you wouldn't need any preloaders. Most of the page can be done without
          images (which is good for SEO). As opposed to having the whole thing
          done with images.

alex

FWebDev66 wrote:
          > Are all preloaders built in flash or can we do this in FW? My main problem is
          > that when my page loads on a slow connection you can see the small images /
          > slices pop in one by one. I would either like to put in a preloader or just
          > have them all load in the BG and when they are loaded then the whole site pops
          > in. I have done this kind of stuff in flash but i don't own a copy and was
          > wondering if I could complete this in FW.
          >
          > -C
          >