7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 15, 2010 5:45 AM by Steve Grisetti

error scr timecode cpp 995

lawsonheimer

I have pre 7 and all of the sudden it won't get media from my canon elura camcorder. i get the same error (scr timecode cpp 995).

I'm using firewire connection and have updated drivers on video card, quicktime, and tried everything that is listed on adobe troubleshooting.

I uninstall pre 7 and installed it several times. I downloaded pre9 and it got the same error.

I google and several people has this problem, but it seems it had to do with 2.0 usb. 

I install pre7 on my other hd on this computer and everthing works ok.

I can use window movie maker and it works fine . 

My computer

dell 8300

2 gb ram

298 hd

pentium 4- 3.0 gh          

nvidia 6200

Thanks, for any help.

• 1. Re: error scr timecode cpp 995
          nealeh Level 5

As you say, the error occurs with USB links. Your camcorder can take a FireWire connection and you would get better results from importing over that connection.

USB is a funny old thing. I have an elderly laptop with four USB 2 ports - but my USB WiFi dongle will only work on three of them - weird.

Cheers,
          --
          Neale
          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 2. Re: error scr timecode cpp 995
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Is your camcorder a tape-based miniDV camcorder or a hard drive camcorder?

• 3. Re: error scr timecode cpp 995
              lawsonheimer Level 1

It's a tape base minidv and i'm using firewire connection. when i go to get media and click on the camcorder i get this error and it shuts the program down.

I get this error even if the camcorder not plugged in...I can get media from files and it works ok.

• 4. Re: error scr timecode cpp 995

That likely signals either outdated firmware for your graphics card or an outdated version of Quicktime. Go to the nVidia site and get the latest drivers for your card and then go to Apple and get the latest Quicktime.

If that still doesn't work, until you find a solution you can download a free program called WinDV, which will allow you to capture your video in a format that's compatible with Premiere Elements.

If THAT doesn't work, you may need to do some serious troubleshooting on your system.

BTW, you do have the time and date set on your camcorder, right? If you haven't, that too could be a reason for a timecode error.

• 5. Re: error scr timecode cpp 995
                  lawsonheimer Level 1

Thanks, for the reply.

I have the newest drivers for my graphics card and the newest version of

Quicktime. Yes, the time and date is correct on my camcorder.

I use the camcorder and pre 7 on my other hd on this computer and it worked

ok. I think it might be a registry problem or another software is

interfering, but i don't know were pre7 installs everthing in the registry.

I was hoping that someone has had this exact problem and repaired it.

• 6. Re: error scr timecode cpp 995
                    lawsonheimer Level 1

Update on my" src timecode cpp-995 problem".

I finally went into the registry and deleted all pre7 files and any file listed on" C" drive. still wouldn't work.

I deleted one program at a time from my computer and tried pre7 each time. still wouldn't work.

Since, i had already updated drivers for my video card, quicktime and tried all the other suggestion in the

adobe troubleshooting files and forums, I formated my HD and reinstalled pre7.

Pre7 works fine now.

I have learned that" SRC" is the same as" IMG". so, whenever i click on the camcorder image it got the error message

But, i still don't know if it was a windows or PRE7 problem.     

• 7. Re: error scr timecode cpp 995

Sometimes just knowing it was fixed is good enough, lawson. Happy moviemaking!