3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 11, 2010 6:22 AM by Panos Zygopoulos

How i can resolve the issue with the Blurry text in firework.

hejuanp210

Hi

I currently building a site and i'm using fireworks for my designs, the issue i have is with the text, all my text look fuzzy or blurry in the browser, i have tried everything but with any result. Please help me with this.

Here there is an example:

categorias.png

• 1. Re: How i can resolve the issue with the Blurry text in firework.
          pixlor Level 4

For small text like you have, you would be better off using HTML/CSS.

However... What I often do with text is to make an image 2 or 4 times larger than I want (with a 2 or 4 times larger font size), export a flattened version, then reduce the flattened version to 50% or 25%, appropriately.

• 2. Re: How i can resolve the issue with the Blurry text in firework.
            hejuanp210 Level 1

Thanks for the information, i'll try with that to see what happen.

• 3. Re: How i can resolve the issue with the Blurry text in firework.
              Panos Zygopoulos Level 3

I have been trying to deal with this issue for long and it's one of the most annoying problems in Fireworks.

Mostly, try to use 'no anti alias' text. No strong or smooth anti alias, because that won't help you, considering you use small font size.

There is a way though to imitate windows' clear type method and have a nice result. Of course this is not as good as actual clear type.

- Write your text with no anti alias, color black, at white canvas. Go to filters > Shadow and Glow > Drop Shadow with Distance=1 , Opacity=100%, Softness=0, Angle=0, Color = a light blue like  #A9D7FC .

- Then, add another Drop Shadow effect with the same attributes except Angle = 180 and Color = a light red one like  #FCE6A9 .

If you want to make it bold, use darker shadow colors.

If you want to do the same for white text, reverse the angle of the shadows and also use darker blue and red shadows.

You can save all the styles you create by pressing the New Style button at the bottom right of the properties panel and use them whenever you want.

fonts.jpg