23 Replies Latest reply on Oct 2, 2011 8:32 PM by mama2fourqts

Error Installing Premiere Elements 9 - Exit Code 7

jobbogamer1

Hi, I'm trying to install Premiere Elements 9 on a Mac (running 10.6.4), but it always comes up with an error, and the program can't be installed. Last time I tried it got to about 95% but then gave me this error:

Exit Code: 7

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 3 error(s), 3 warning(s)

WARNING: Payload cannot be installed due to dependent operation failure

WARNING: File/Folder does not exist at /Volumes/PRE9 PSE9/Adobe Premiere Elements 9/payloads/AdobeElements9Organizer/oem/ols

WARNING: Payload cannot be installed due to dependent operation failure

ERROR: The following payload errors were found during install:

ERROR:  - Adobe Premiere Elements 9_LangPacken_US: Install failed

ERROR:  - Adobe Premiere Elements 9: Failed due to Language Pack installation failure

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've tried this four or five times, and I always get exactly the same error. The only help the installer offered was "Please try restarting your system and try again." and all I could find on Adobe Support was "Install under Safe Boot Mode", which I tried, and it still failed.
      Does anyone have any ideas whatsoever as to what I can do to actually get this installed?
      Thank you very much in advance, anyone who can help!