• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pub_inc directory created at end of capture

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2010 Nov 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the end of a capture operation a Pub_inc directory is created in the root of the SystemDrive.

Is it possible to prevent this creation by directing it to another location or disable it by changing a setting?

In our environment this kind of behavior is not allowed.

Thanks in advance.

Martin

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 08, 2010 Nov 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

You can change the location in the preferences dialog at: Recording -> FMR : Working Folder.

Do let us know whether this resolved this issue.

-Manish

blogs.adobe.com/captivate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2010 Nov 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't resolve the issue.

Changing the suggest setting results in storing the temporary full motion flash movies in another folder. Standard this folder is directed to a subdirectory of the users tempfolder. Changing it doesn't solve the described issue.

The Pub_inc folder created in the root of the partition contains only one small file "PublishInfo.csm" so the consumed space is not the issue but the creation of the folder and file at this location.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 06, 2011 Apr 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I tried your work around with Captivate5, alas, it had no influence on the creating of the Pub_inc directory in C:\. Even if I delete the folder it reappears next time I work with Captivate 5. Any further idea would be appreciated as the creation of such a directory on C:\ is against our standards. Therefore our questions is: Can we work without the Pub_inc directory and if so how can we get rif of it permanently?

Thanks a lot for your help and

Cheers from Bernie@Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2011 Apr 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bernie,

Use a policy to prevent that users can create a directory in root of C:\ so Captivate can't create the Pub_inc directory.

In our environment:

Create folders / Append Data from
    This folder and subfolders
  to
    Subfolders only.

But I shouldn't bother about it, read this first: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3547550#3547550

Or do your users have unlimited space in My Documents?

Best Regards,

Martin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 07, 2011 Apr 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Martin,

thanks a lot for your helpful answer. It is just a standard in our company that users should not or actually are not allowed to create a sub directory or write into the C:\ directory. Does your answer mean, the Pub_inc directory is not needed at all or that it is needed but can be created in My Documents without problems for Captivate to run?

Thanks again for your support and

Cheers from

Bernie

Kind regards

Bernhard KARRENBROCK

Solutions & Services Lead

Project Solutions - IMGT

AIRBUS

Phone: +49 40 743 74085

Mobile: +49 171 974 1447

Fax: +49 40 743 870 74085

Mailto: bernhard.karrenbrock@airbus.com

Airbus Operations GmbH

Kreetslag 10

21129 Hamburg

Deutschland

Sitz der Gesellschaft / Legal Domicile: Hamburg

Registergericht / Registration Court: Amtsgericht Hamburg HRB 43527

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates / Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Dr. Thomas Enders

Geschäftsführung / Board of Management:

Dr. Gerald Weber, Vorsitzender / Chairman & CEO;

Joachim Sauer; Harald Wilhelm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2011 Apr 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Bernie,

These are two different problems. The pub_inc directory is not needed at all (verified by making a simple capture, not thoroughly tested al ins and outs of the program).

The second problem (caching in My Documents) is (in our environment) an issue which can't be solved. Because you mentioned that creating a directory in root of your system drive is not allowed I thought that this caching issue also might be interesting for you.

Best Regards,

Martin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources