1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 16, 2007 11:30 PM by Newsgroup_User

why won't the font I use appear on other computers?

freakinhillarious
      I am using a rather unique font for my website and I have installed it in the proper directory on my computer so I can use it in Dreamweaver but when I view my webpage on any other computer the font doesn't show up and it just gets replaced by some other font that I don't want. I've tried adding properties in my CSS page and it appears to work in Dreamweaver but again when I view my site on any other computer on the web my font is replaced with another.

Please could someone help me out with this. The layout of my site and everything doesn't allow me to use any other font.
        • 1. Re: why won't the font I use appear on other computers?
          Level 7
          That's just the way the web works. If the font is not installed on the
          user's computer it can't display in their browser. You are best to stay with
          commonly installed fonts and to specify multiple fonts in your CSS. Start
          here:
          http://www.ampsoft.net/webdesign-l/WindowsMacFonts.html

--

Walt

"freakinhillarious" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:f7hlls$rlr$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >I am using a rather unique font for my website and I have installed it in
          >the
          > proper directory on my computer so I can use it in Dreamweaver but when I
          > view
          > my webpage on any other computer the font doesn't show up and it just gets
          > replaced by some other font that I don't want. I've tried adding
          > properties in
          > my CSS page and it appears to work in Dreamweaver but again when I view my
          > site
          > on any other computer on the web my font is replaced with another.
          >
          > Please could someone help me out with this. The layout of my site and
          > everything doesn't allow me to use any other font.
          >