3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2010 4:38 AM by MurraySummers

Need Help With Body Background Colour

vikrana

Hi everyone,

I am a completely new user to Dreamweaver, and haven't created a site for years. Last program I used was Front Page!

I'm playing around with Dreamweaver CS5, and am trying to create a website for my work.

Here's a problem I'm having;

Is it possible to have your Body's background colour be 2 different colours? My site design starts with a 3 bar + header/footer. I've got my header looking the way I want, and now I'm trying to get my background colour for the body to be right. The "body" I'm talking about is the one that surrounds the header/footer/left column/content/right column.

Right now it's one solid colour which I adjusted using page properties.

Is there a way to have one colour start at the top of the page and end at the bottom of my header, and then have the rest of the body (under the header) be a completely different colour?

If so, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Vik

• 1. Re: Need Help With Body Background Colour
          MurraySummers Level 8

I am a completely new user to Dreamweaver, and haven't created a site for years. Last program I used was Front Page!

You will definitely need to review your HTML and CSS then, as DW will expect you to bring a familiarity with both to the table.  FP had no sense whatsoever of valid HTML or coding to standards.  This is diametrically opposite to the current version of DW!

Is there a way to have one colour start at the top of the page and end at the bottom of my header, and then have the rest of the body (under the header) be a completely different colour?

Give the page body a single color as its background color.  Make this the color of the region below the header.  Then use a single color graphic rectangle that is as tall as your header, and that you set as the page's background image, having it tile only horizontally with this CSS -

body { background-image:url(path_to_your_image.gif); background-repeat:repeat-x; }

That should do it given the information you have provided.

• 2. Re: Need Help With Body Background Colour
            vikrana Level 1

This helped a lot. Thank you very much! Got it working!