1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 6, 2010 8:56 PM by pwillener

Adobe takes over the computer

Adobepleasehelp

Well that's the way I basically see it, everything has changed. I can't open any

thing, from internet explorer, to media player, back to my games. I got to internet by clicking a picture and I guess adobe redirec

ted me here. I'm not the best with the computer but I have the basic knowledge. I can't uninstall

the adobe because it tells me I can't view it, I guess because it's not PDF? I'm pretty sure I was running on some from of 9.2, but I'm not sure.

Hadn't updated in a while. So right now I am going to try and update and see if it will let me uninstall then, and see if I can see my icons. Because nothing is visible, nothing on my desktop, taskbar, start menu, nothing. Any other suggestions? Doubt this will work. - Thanks.

• 1. Re: Adobe takes over the computer
          pwillener Level 8

You don't specify your operating system, but I assume it's either Vista or Windows 7, on which we have seen similar symptoms a couple of times over the last months.

Someone (from Microsoft) suggested to uninstall Adobe Reader, create a new user profile and install it from there.  I cannot give you step-by-step instructions, as I do not have any of the above Windows versions.