2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 7, 2010 8:02 AM by farpet RSS

How to update NPSWF32.dll

farpet Community Member

As I understand the file c:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32.dll is part of the Flash?

When updating flash I expect this file to be updated as well as the Flash10*.ocx file? (my current version is that latest -  Flash10l.ocx)

For some reason this is not happening.

Question: How can I update my NPSWF32.dll file to the newest version? (My current version is 10.1.85.3 which is reported by www.Secunia.com to be insecure)

Should this file have been updated by the install_flash_player_10_active_x.msi?

Any information will be appreciated.

Harald

• 1. Re: How to update NPSWF32.dll
          kglad CommunityMVP

uinstall flash player plugin using your os uninstaller and save no settings if offered.  once uninstalled that dll should be removed.  then install the latest fp version that suits your needs.

• 2. Re: How to update NPSWF32.dll
            farpet Community Member

Sorry I did forget to mention that I am unattendant updating a lot of PCs (Win XP SP3) using install_flash_player_10_active_x.msi. This file updates the files in C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\ (Flash10l.ocx, FlashUtil10l_ActiveX.dll, FlashUtil10l_ActiveX.exe etc). On some of the PCs there is also a file called NPSWF32.dll. As I understand this is used by Firefox?

But how can I update the NPSWF32.dll to the latest version running an unnattendant installation? I have found info about a file called NPSWF32_FlashUtil.exe but have not yet found from where I can download it.