3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2010 9:07 PM by kglad

Basic button questions

web.boards Level 1

I made a graphic in Illustrator CS5, and imported it into Flash CS5 as a graphic symbol.

I then changed its properties from a graphic into a button. I select Code Snippets and choose the Action to go to a web page.

1. Why is it making a movie clip to make this work?

2. I edit the properties of the button and add keyfrrames to the other states and on the over state, I scale it so it looks large. However, after testing it, the link I applied works, though the rollover effect does not. How can I make it work?

Thanks!!!!

• 1. Re: Basic button questions
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

start over by deleting everything but the graphic you imported.  then click insert/new symbol/button/ok.  on the button "timeline" add the graphic you want to the variouse button frames.  drag the button from the library to your stage, assign an instance name and apply your button listener(s) to that button.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Basic button questions
            web.boards Level 1

I want to add a new symbol of the same exact image being used for the button, only in a different color, and it too was designed in Illustrator. Should I just copy-and-paste all of these symbols from Illustrator onto the main stage, then delete them from the stage after they are imported into my library?

OR is there another way to do this?

Thanks.

• 3. Re: Basic button questions
              kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

import your new graphics into your library.  duplicate your other button.  go to the timeline of the other button and remove the old graphics and replace with your new graphics.

1 person found this helpful