7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2010 6:09 PM by Steve Grisetti

Adding audio files

Drogosan

I have most of the cilps in video1 and some audio files in audio1. Now I want to add more audio in audio1. When I do, the video clip moves to the right leaving a black space behind. What should I do to correct this and do it right in the first place, greetings Eduard.

PS. Many thanks for all the answers on my other guestion about

• 1. Re: Adding audio files
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

As I explain in my book, this is called timeline rippling. And it's easy to override.

To override it, hold down the Ctrl (or Command) key as you add clips to a parallel track.

• 2. Re: Adding audio files
            Drogosan Level 1

Thank you Steve, what book?

• 3. Re: Adding audio files

Thanks for asking, Drogo!

http://Muvipix.com/pe9.php

• 4. Re: Adding audio files
                Drogosan Level 1

Dear Steve,

Do you also have a book on Premiere 7? I could not find it on the site.

Where will the book send from if I buy it and transported by whom. Because I

do not want to pay taxes when I buy anything more from the internet.

Greetings Drogo

• 5. Re: Adding audio files

I certainly do have a version 7 book too, Drogosan! You should be able to find it on Amazon.com if you do a search on my name.

If you are overseas and your Amazon.com doesn't sell the book, I can certainly have a copy shipped to you from my publisher. Just write to me at my first name at muvipix.com and we can work out a price.

Again, thanks for asking! I hope I can  help you out.

• 6. Re: Adding audio files
                    Drogosan Level 1

Dear Steve,

I ordered some books from the USA and it was send by FedEx. After I had paid

a considerable sum for transport I was charged later yet another 15 euro for

tax. So it became really too expensive to do business. I will buy your book,

because I like to know more about the program premiere 7. I am a little bit

in a hurry because I want to finish my first film before X-mass. I have some

questions

1. How do I write to you using your name on the site muvipix.com other then

using the contact-choice

2. I was editing the large file (avi) as discussed in the forum, but all of

a sudden when I wanted to cut off part of a clip a cap remained. This did

not happened  before when I shortened the clip the cap was closed

automatically. It is called ripple, I think. Can you help me with this,

greetings.  My name is Eduard

• 7. Re: Adding audio files

Please send me a private message, Eduard, and we can discuss how best to get you a book, if you'd like one.

I don't want to write my actual e-mail address in this post because spammers sometimes look for e-mail addresses on forums.

But if you write to my first name (Steve) at Muvipix.com, you will reach me.