3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2010 5:32 AM by Steve Grisetti

cannot launch PE 9 on Mac

dfahy

I cannot launch either Premiere Elements 9 ED or Photoshop Elements 9 ED after initial install on a Mac runnng OS X 10.5.8.  I purchased both programs as a set, and neither of them will install.  They just crash when I try to launch them after installation.  The computer I am using is an iMac 5,1 with Intel Core 2 Duo, and (with Premiere elements 9.0 ED version installed) 63 GB of free space.

During the week since I purchased the program, I have never been able to launch PE 9 on this computer. I uninstalled and re-instlled, but same result.

This is the error message I get:

Thread 0 crashed with X86 Thread State (32-bit):
        eax: 0x00000000  ebx: 0x955caef1  ecx: 0x00000200  edx: 0x00000007
        edi: 0x2cb0846c  esi: 0xbfffb3bc  ebp: 0xbfffb398  esp: 0xbfffb330
         ss: 0x0000001f  efl: 0x00010283  eip: 0x955cb013   cs: 0x00000017
         ds: 0x0000001f   es: 0x0000001f   fs: 0x00000000   gs: 0x00000037
        cr2: 0x00000000

Any help would be much appreciated.

- David Fahy

Japanese, UC Davis

• 1. Re: cannot launch PE 9 on Mac
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Do you have other Adobe software -- especially professional software, like the Creative Suite -- installed on your computer?

Also have you ensured that you have tried to install the program itself and not the extra content? Is this from a boxed set or from a download -- the purchased program or the trial?

• 2. Re: cannot launch PE 9 on Mac
            dfahy Level 1

I installed the program itself and not the content disk.  I have the boxed set (Educational version), which I purchased.

Other Adobe software on the computer:  CS4 web premium (I think it is called):  Bridge, Contribute, Device Central, Dreamweaver, Adobe Drive, Extension Manager, Fireworks, Flash, Illustrator, Photoshop, Soundbooth.  All CS4.  I have a CS3 version of InDesign.  Also:  Acrobat 9 Pro, Reader 9, Captivate 5, Media Encoder CS5.  Also something called Adobe Digital Editions, and Adobe Media Player.  Elements 9 Organizer is installed when I installed Premiere Elements 9.

- David Fahy

• 3. Re: cannot launch PE 9 on Mac
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

The problem may be related to the CS4 software. (You especially want to check to see if Bridge is running in the background when you try to install Premiere Elements.)

You may want to contact Adobe Tech Support. (Click on the Contact button at the top of this page.) Make sure you ask for a manager if the person who answers the phone can't answer. Adobe does know how to work around this conflict!