4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 24, 2010 5:50 AM by Frank Klasens

Need hint to find location of 'TypeError: Error #1034: Type Coercion failed...' error

Frank Klasens

I am reviewing a large project. It outputs a lot of messages in the console. The errors themselves will not be the problem, they will be caused by mismatches between Java and Actionscript objects. However I need to find the origin of the messages in the code. They occur while receiving AMF responses from BlazeDS. I found a couple of UI actions that trigger some of these but the service requests that are fired are many and the number of object involved even more. The message only displays the instance id of the object, which is not really helpful while debugging.

Anybody a hint for me? Like putting a breakpoint on a specific class or something like that? The messages look like this:

TypeError: Error #1034: Type Coercion failed: cannot convert Object@ea1eca1 to mx.collections.ArrayCollection.
      TypeError: Error #1034: Type Coercion failed: cannot convert Object@a212179 to mx.collections.ArrayCollection.
      TypeError: Error #1034: Type Coercion failed: cannot convert Object@f2dc7c1 to mx.collections.ArrayCollection.
      TypeError: Error #1034: Type Coercion failed: cannot convert Object@f2dc6a1 to mx.collections.ArrayCollection.
      TypeError: Error #1034: Type Coercion failed: cannot convert Object@f358d31 to mx.collections.ArrayCollection.
      TypeError: Error #1034: Type Coercion failed: cannot convert Object@f423f29 to mx.collections.ArrayCollection.