4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2010 8:27 PM by SlothbobWeb

padding in dreamweaver cs3

SlothbobWeb

I have cut up some slices from photoshop and put them in

the dreamweaver, so i have a div tag with a css id attached to it, now I have the image as a bg image via css so when i click in it, I get the type cursor blinking, i cut and paste some text, and now i justify that text in css, it works, color it, it works, now, here is where I lose my mind, left padding, moves the text say 5 pixels, not right padding, for the love of all that is holy, GOES OUT INSTEAD OF IN, sorry for yelling, I have a deadline, and I dont remember padding, going out instead of inside, so i deleted my configeration folder to reset dreamweaver to default, and again, padding goes out instead of in, i tried the margin ant that actually cuts into the background image, anyone know solution, i would be so gracious, thank you all for your time

• 1. Re: padding in dreamweaver cs3
          John Waller Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Can you show us rather than telling us? i.e. upload the page and provide a link?

Are you describing behaviour in Dreamweaver's Design View or in a browser? If so, which one(s)?

• 2. Re: padding in dreamweaver cs3
            SlothbobWeb Level 1

there is no reason to show, what you would see is text overlapping from the div tag its supposed to be nicely contained in to the div tag just to the right of it, if you think of a justified paragraph typed into dreamweaver, and you want some space two the right of the paragraph and the div tags border, that is what is missing, as when i enter values into the css's padding for the right side, it actually goes away from the div tag border creating the text to overlap into the div tag to the right of it, i remember back a few months ago, when i did this same thing, the padding called "right" would actually push the text to the left.

• 3. Re: padding in dreamweaver cs3
              John Waller Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Much easier if we can see the page online (and thus the code).

However,

Are you describing behaviour in Dreamweaver's Design View or in a browser? If so, which one(s)?

• 4. Re: padding in dreamweaver cs3
                SlothbobWeb Level 1

here is the link

http://www.slothbob.com/chic/

its the left column with the overlapping white text, no big deal on it running on the botton, its the overlapping to the right thats the concern, i have the right padding at 10px, even reduced to 0 px, the paragraph is still touching the border, I appreciate your time very much

thanks