• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't run sidecar AIR installer on Mac OS X from UDF 1.0.2 image

Contributor ,
Nov 09, 2010 Nov 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing another AIR installer issue, this time trying to run an AIR 2.5 sidecar installer for Mac OS X that is placed on a UDF 1.0.2 image (created with Toast 10).

The error in the Console when double-clicking the installer.app is:

udf error: errno_t UDFFileNode::ReadPathComponent(uint8_t*, off_t*, bool*): Incomplete path component

Occasionally, I get additional errors reported from AIR:

([0x0-0x223223].com.adobe.air.Installer[10852]) Exited with exit code: 4

Trying to run the installer in Terminal:

sudo dtruss /Volumes/UDFImage/mine.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe\ AIR\ Installer

results in:

dtrace: failed to execute /Volumes/mine/mine.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe: file is set-id or unreadable [Note: the '-c' option requires a full pathname to the file]

It seems there is some undesired path truncation occurring.

So these errors seem to be path related, and stem from a difficulty running the actual Adobe AIR Installer binary in the sidecar application package (in the bundle at /Contents/MacOS/Adobe AIR Installer. This application installer runs fine from hard drive, I know I've built it properly. It just fails when run on Mac OS X (10.6.4) from a UDF 1.0.2 image. The same image contains a Windows version of the installer which installs fine on Windows XP in my testing.

Is there a known issue with AIR on this?

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 10, 2010 Nov 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a workaround, I've found that I can include the AIR 2.5 sidecar installer for Mac on a dmg image that resides in the UDF image. This does work, but requires that the user perform an extra step just to mount another image to run the installer.

Again, this is using a pretty stock AIR sidecar installer. You can test this yourself by putting the default AIR 2.5 sidecar installer for Mac on a UDF image and trying to run it (still fails).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2010 Nov 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

There is a problem with UDF file systems found on DVDs and symbolic links braking.  The Adobe AIR installer bundle makes use of a few symbolic links, so this might be related.  Could you try navigating from Finder into the installer bundle to this directory:

bundle.png

Select one of the symbolic links and try to resolve it by pressing Cmd + R?  Does it resolve to the correct file?

This issue was fixed in Toast 10 Titanium with version 10.0.6.  It still exists with Apple's built in tools. When using Disk Utility or the command line hdutil the symbolic link will remain broken.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines