5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 28, 2010 9:14 PM by Charles VW

Radio Industry Metadata Option

bkurt01

Those of us in the radio industry (there are bunches of us) need access to the "radio industry" tab from Audition and Cool Edit's past versions. The various fields as labeled in the radio industry tab interface with a number of broadcast automation systems and music scheduling software. Perhaps I just missed them in the new Audition beta, which is very exciting to have nonetheless!

• 1. Re: Radio Industry Metadata Option
          radiomitch

Totally agree

We need very easy to find and use metadata for Radio like the way all the other versions worked with a simple ctrl-p or cmd-p for Mac. With the shear amount of ads that come across my desk it is inexcusable to have to hunt through to find the metadata options and then when you find them they are several clicks in and each field that is needed is in different menus. I can't find the category text field either. I assume you will take care of this before release. I don't mind that you are including a lot of functionality with this update but I need you to offer a way to turn off the stuff we don't need like all the video options. I use about 25% of what's in the upgrade but what I use I need to work well and not have everything else get in the way.

• 2. Re: Radio Industry Metadata Option
            Charles VW Adobe Employee

You can still read and write the "Radio Industry" fields from previous versions of Audition.... they're just labeled differently.

I'll post a couple of screenshots so you can see where things map to, but you'll want to use the RIFF tab of the Metadata Panel, to see them in the Public Beta.  In previous versions of Audition, changing the "Text Field Names" popup menu at the top of the dialog did nothing more than change the labels shown in the UI of the File Info dialog.  How they were stored in a WAV file was always the same.

Audition 3.0.1

Radio Industry.png

Standard RIFF.png

Audition Public Beta for Mac

Screen shot 2010-11-10 at 1.48.17 PM.png

• 3. Re: Radio Industry Metadata Option
              akirasuki

Screen shot 2010-11-27 at 13.55.56.pngHi,

I'm working for a community Radio Station in the UK, which needs all Carts to have intros and extros mapped

I saw Audition as the Mac solution, as the station only uses PCs with Psquared software...and I only use a mac at home.

I hope this isn't too basic, but if I use range markers for intro and outro, will this be saved as Cart Chunk data in the meta data?

From a budding beginner

Screen shot 2010-11-27 at 13.56.17.png

• 4. Re: Radio Industry Metadata Option
                Ranger Jay Level 1

So, why not add a tab to make it easier for radio people?

• 5. Re: Radio Industry Metadata Option
                  Charles VW Adobe Employee

akirasuki wrote:

I hope this isn't too basic, but if I use range markers for intro and outro, will this be saved as Cart Chunk data in the meta data?

CART Chunk isn't supported in the Mac beta, so you won't be able to do that with the beta.