2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 15, 2010 3:51 PM by Charles VW

Can not use this program without a crash

Marty Frasu

It crashes whenever I do anything, granted I have a lot of audio unit and VST plug ins, but after many scan-and crashes, I gave up.

Just using the built in plug ins caused a crash on a 44.1 .wav file I made for testing.

I deleted it.

• 1. Re: Can not use this program without a crash
          Scott Carver Level 1

1. Could you provide us a list with the plugins that are causing crashes when they are scanned (or used)? Often these sorts of problems are very easy to fix, but we need to know the plugins that are causing them before we can.

2. Could you describe exactly what you did before the crash occurred on your 44.1 file (i.e. opened the file, made x and y edits, applied effect z, then undid and *boom*)?

Also, a reminder: if you haven't already, always submit a crash report in the Adobe crash reporter when you crash, with basic information. We track these pretty closely, and they can be extremely helpful in tracking down issues.

• 2. Re: Can not use this program without a crash
            Charles VW Adobe Employee

For the crash on the built-in plug-in... if you delete the following file from your application preferences, does the problem go away?

~/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Audition/4.0/AudioPluginManagerSettings.xml