3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 11, 2010 3:26 AM by nealeh

New NVIDIA GeForce website.

RaceGuy Level 1

I anticipate that this new NVIDIA website will prove useful for Adobe PE users who run the fine NVIDIA GeForce graphics adapters in their computers for video editing.  I have found NVIDIA to be one of the more cusutomer oriented tech companies out there in recent years, and they make some pretty darn good graphics cards.

http://www.geforce.com/#/

• 1. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce website.
          nealeh Level 5

It seems my graphics card (GeForce 8800GT) has finally reached its last update

Latest WHQL version for newest cards is 262.99, but Series 8 is stuck at 260.99. Ah well, it had to happen sooner or later.

Cheers,
          --
          Neale
          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 2. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce website.
            RaceGuy Level 1

I'm running a GeForce GTX-260 in my newish HP Intel quad-core i7 with 12 GB RAM, and while NVIDIA is providine fairly steady driver updates for this card series, I am still having crashes with PE9 and cannot determine it it's the graphics card or something in the PE coding or Win 7 x64 OS that is causing my frustration.  I disabled all the 3-D capabilities on the card and that seemed to perhaps help a little, and have already gone to fully turning off my Norton Internet Security Suite and LAN network, disabling Win 7 x64 screen saver and as many of the Services running in the background that Black Viper suggested I could safely shut down, as well as most of the other things suggested on this Forum but I still get unexplained crashes with the very large 3 GB+ HD video files I routinely process and render -- maybe I should consider a 400 series NVIDIA GTX graphics card but I always end up chocking on the cost of the dang things.  Anyone else here having any better luck with other NVIDIA cards and PE9?

• 3. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce website.
              nealeh Level 5

I've convinced myself that PRE9 is not correctly identifying video cards and their capabilities.

I've reached this conclusion because of:

• The ridiculously slow rendering of the timeline thumbnails when you use either the scroll bar, or PRE zoom slider.
              • The disappearance of both GPU Effects and GPU Transitions. Both of which only become available if the card supports GPU.

In both of these circumstances PRE7 was a dream. Timeline thumbnails redrawn in the blink of an eye, all GPU effects/transitions available.

Cheers,
              --
              Neale
              Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children