1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 11, 2010 4:30 AM by MurraySummers

Help with Show/Hide Elements please!

thersher Level 1

I'm using the show/hide elements behavior for the first time and I'm not sure if it's working right. Am I supposed to be able to preview this feature, either in a browser or in Live View? It's not working in either, but I didn't know if the site had to actually be live for it to work or not.

Also, my div is set to display:none; and I didn't know if that is correct, or if I should set a Z-index on all of them.

Thank you!

• 1. Re: Help with Show/Hide Elements please!
          MurraySummers Level 8

Am I supposed to be able to preview this feature, either in a browser or in Live View?

Yes - it should work in both.

Also, my div is set to display:none; and I didn't know if that is correct, or if I should set a Z-index on all of them.

That could be the problem - show/hide toggles the visibility attribute between 'visible' and 'hidden'.  If the element is styled with display:none, even when it's visible it won't be displayed.  So, get rid of the display style, and just use the visibility one.  The default z-index is "1", so depending on your layout and the desired interaction with these elements, you may need to adjust your z-index as well.