0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2007 9:03 AM by bitwyse

Looking for some architectural / design guidance

bitwyse Level 1
      Hi All,

I have some questions about this application I am building. They are best practice related I suppose. I am at a point in the application where I clearly need to break it up in to smaller pieces. Yet, I am not sure the best way to go about this. Should I use more components? Should I create classes ( .as files, ) should I be using states or a combination of all of the above or other ways that I am unaware of. Since the application so far, is but a small piece of what I will be creating it is very important to me and the success of this project to get it right from the beginning. As I am new to Flex but a seasoned developer, I realize the importance of getting it right NOW.

The issue I have is I'm not sure what is the best way to break things up. I need to be able to manage the various components, classes etc.. . . . as well as have the application perform well. Lastly, I am not sure I will know how to implement all the different ways to break things up that are suggested.

Is anyone willing to look at my code and make suggestions? Help me along in the process? I hope this is not asking to much???? Here is what I would like to do. Send you my application. Have you review it and suggest how best to break up the pieces. For example, I did learn how to use an item renderer and loosely couple it to my application. It is clearly a best practice. As one example of what I am looking for; I have several forms I would like to display when a user clicks on something. I'm not sure how to display a component that way. I am assuming it is by using States yet I am unsure how to create states now that my application is already started with out them? I have several questions like that as well as questions that will arise from your suggestions made in how to best break up the application and / or grow it as I add more to it.

Anyone interested in helping a Flex newbie ???? I would greatly appreciate the help. Also, I am willing to share any good code that comes out of this application with you.

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

STeveR