2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 11, 2010 4:08 PM by JGrabowMST

Crash during live recording

Chuck Braman Level 1

Last night I took Audition along to a live gig of my band to make a recording and experienced a crash. Here are the details:

My system: OS 10.6.4, 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDRd, MacBook Pro, MOTU 8pre, 6 channels used

The experience: Seemed to work fine for the 1st set (about a 45 minute recording). Put Audition in pause during a 30 minute break, started it back up at the beginning of the second set. First anomaly was that the clip in the 5th channel in the multitrack view disappeared, even though by other indications (VU meter, etc.) the channel was recording. About ten minutes later the program crashed. The "Adobe Audition Quit Unexpectedly" Apple dialogue box appeared, but not the Adobe dialogue box. The wave files are corrupted and can't be opened, including from the 1st set. That's about all I can remember.

• 1. Re: Crash during live recording
          _durin_ Adobe Employee

Hi Chuck,

I wish the crash reporter had come up so we'd have access to the crash log!  There may be some information in the OS X system log that may help determine what happened.  in /Applications/Utilties/  please launch the application "Console".  In the search box at the top right, type "audition" and hit enter.  Please copy the contents and paste it into an e-mail to audbugs@adobe.com

I'm going to run through this scenario right now and see if I can reproduce the problem.

• 2. Re: Crash during live recording
            JGrabowMST Level 1

I would look into using an external hard drive while recording and seeing if you have better results when recording (save the session on that rather than the internal drive).

Might work better than the 5400RPM drive inside your MBP.

Many audio companies will advise this.