1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 10, 2007 9:59 PM by Newsgroup_User

I cant get rid of the underlines in my png...

hygieneboy
      I just created a simple rollover png in Fireworks. It has 2 frames: one frame with 5 circles on it with a word out beside each circle. This is my menu for my website.

On the 2nd frame, I duplicated this, and created slices for each circle and word. I then made a simple color change to the circles and words on frame 2 to show the rollover state.

I exported it over to Dreamweaver, and then cut and pasted the code into my html homepage file. After some time, I finally got it to work. Whenever you roll over the circles or words they change color just as I wanted.

However, each circle and word as an underline under it. It is one of those dotted lines. It looks awful and I dont know how to get rid of it. It only shows up when I hit F12 to preview the page.

Can anyone help???
        • 1. Re: I cant get rid of the underlines in my png...
          Level 7
          hygieneboy wrote:

> I exported it over to Dreamweaver, and then cut and pasted the code into my
          > html homepage file. After some time, I finally got it to work. Whenever you
          > roll over the circles or words they change color just as I wanted.

Don't cut and paste. Use the Dreamweaver Insert > Fireworks HTML function.

> However, each circle and word as an underline under it. It is one of those
          > dotted lines. It looks awful and I dont know how to get rid of it. It only
          > shows up when I hit F12 to preview the page.

The dotted lines you are referring to are either table cell outlines, or
          the outlines added by the browser as an accessibility aid. We can't tell
          unless we can see the page. Can you post a URL?

--
          Linda Rathgeber [PVII] *Adobe Community Expert-Fireworks*
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          http://www.projectseven.com
          Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
          CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
          http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/
          --------------------------------------------------------------