Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How activate multiple preview browser?

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2010 Nov 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello --

I'm using CFB v1.0.0.274293 plug-in mode with Eclipse Galileo v3.5.2 32 bit.

OS is Win7 Pro 64 bit, where I have multiple browser (MSIE, Firefox, Opera, etc).

Firefox (default browser) v 3.6.8; IE v8.0.7600.

Within CFB there is only IE tab; I'm searching to activate different browser (Firefox, Opera, etc)

In preferences > HTML > Editors > HTML > Preview     there is only IE check; how can I add different browser in Preview list?

Alex/

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2010 Nov 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone might propose that you should use "Preferences>General>Web Browser" to add it, but I have found that doing that did not affect the list of internal browsers.

Instead, it seems (from some research) that this is related to a specific Aptana feature (Aptana underlies CFBuilder). Sadly, we may be unable to add more browsers, though, because it seems (from the URL below) that the way to do it is using the menu option "help>install aptana features > other > embedded firefox browser". But if you look, we have no "help>install aptana features" (while Aptana is embedded within CFB, it's not done in a way that exposes ALL Aptana features).

More on the proposed way (if we had Aptana for real):
https://aptanastudio.tenderapp.com/discussions/problems/1944-run-configurationspreviews-not-working-for-me-what-am-i-dong-wrong

Or has anyone found another way?

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2010 Nov 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Charlie --

many thank for your research; after re-reading Release Notes of CFB, it states this as a bug [Bug 80098]
"For the plug-in configuration of ColdFusion Builder, the Firefox preview tab is not available within ColdFusion Builder."

Ciao,

Alex/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2010 Nov 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, another good point to note. Thanks.

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation