6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 16, 2010 6:55 AM by kglad

how to operate two gallery on the same site ?

mirilima

hello. I'm having a problem. I'm editing a template built using Flash, which already have a page that is a photo gallery. I created two others. Edict everything right in the xml file. However, when I open the page properly direct the gallery just small pictures, directing the big (it should just be a small extension of) the original gallery. What am I doing wrong?

• 1. Re: how to operate two gallery on the same site ?
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

your question can't be answered with the information supplied.  you need to understand how your gallery works and we need to understand how the gallery works and what you're doing to instantiate your gallery.

for example, you could be loading a gallery.swf into your main swf and you might be doing that twice when trying to load two galleries.

• 2. Re: how to operate two gallery on the same site ?
            smilelilac Level 1

Hi,

wht are you adding a gallery or  two more photos ...?

If you are adding another gallery in the same page do change the ids or the instance names which the photo gallery has if the photo gallery has the instance name as p1 name the second gallery as p2 and in the xml file also ...

Just make it clear so that solution can be given ...

• 3. Re: how to operate two gallery on the same site ?
              mirilima Level 1

I do not think there is a gallery.swf being loaded in main.swf. Searched all the files that make the site work.

To operate the original gallery, there are two "movie clip", one for small photos and another for large ones. Inside the fla file I just copied the contents of the timeline from one page to another. And in the xml file I replaced the contents of a page cut by copying the original gallery, changing only the photos.

I tried changing the "instance names" of movie clips according to the pages, and also tried to change it in the xml. Do not know if I changed the right place, but continued not working properly.

Here is the gallery in xml:

<titlePage name="portfolio">

<gallery_images>

<image imagesSmall="gallery/image_gallerySmall_1.jpg" imagesBig="gallery/image_galleryBig_1.jpg"/>
              <image imagesSmall="gallery/image_gallerySmall_2.jpg" imagesBig="gallery/image_galleryBig_2.jpg"/>
              <image imagesSmall="gallery/image_gallerySmall_3.jpg" imagesBig="gallery/image_galleryBig_3.jpg"/>
              <image imagesSmall="gallery/image_gallerySmall_4.jpg" imagesBig="gallery/image_galleryBig_4.jpg"/>
              <image imagesSmall="gallery/image_gallerySmall_5.jpg" imagesBig="gallery/image_galleryBig_5.jpg"/>
              <image imagesSmall="gallery/image_gallerySmall_6.jpg" imagesBig="gallery/image_galleryBig_6.jpg"/>
              <image imagesSmall="gallery/image_gallerySmall_7.jpg" imagesBig="gallery/image_galleryBig_7.jpg"/>
              <image imagesSmall="gallery/image_gallerySmall_8.jpg" imagesBig="gallery/image_galleryBig_8.jpg"/>

</ Gallery_images>

<imagesPage>

</ ImagesPage>

<texts>

<pageText> <! [CDATA [<Prev ]]></ pageText>

<pageText> <! [CDATA [>]]></ pageText Next>

</ Texts>

<pagePopup>

</ PagePopup>

</ Titlepage>

• 4. Re: how to operate two gallery on the same site ?

you'll need two different xml files (and two different file names) and you'll need to adjust the code so each movieclip loads a different xml file.

1 person found this helpful
                • 5. Re: how to operate two gallery on the same site ?
                  mirilima Level 1

Understood. But I have not changed the codes for movie clip of small images and they are functioning properly. Why is it?

This is the Action of the larger photos. I can not find it else that can set this function. Can you help?

loaderImagesFunction function () {

var  picURL: URLRequest = new URLRequest (MovieClip (root).  websiteXML.pages.titlePage [3]. gallery_images.images [MovieClip (root).  numPhoto]. imagesBig @);
                  var picLoader: Loader = new Loader ();
                  picLoader.load (picURL);

picLoader.contentLoaderInfo.addEventListener (ProgressEvent.PROGRESS, onLoadProgress);
                  picLoader.contentLoaderInfo.addEventListener (Event.COMPLETE, onLoadComplete);

onLoadProgress function (evt: ProgressEvent): void {
                  var titileLoaderLoad: Number = Math.round (100 * (evt.bytesLoaded / evt.bytesTotal));
                  MovieClip (parent). LoadingImages.progress.text titileLoaderLoad + = "%";
                  MovieClip (parent). LoadingImages.gotoAndStop (titileLoaderLoad);
                  }
                  onLoadComplete function (evt: Event): void {
                  addChild (picLoader);
                  MovieClip (parent). Play ();
                  }
                  }

loaderImagesFunction ();

• 6. Re: how to operate two gallery on the same site ?

i can't help with your last two questions and it's doubtful anyone else will be able to help unless they download your file and fix it for you or you learn more about flash and your galleries so you can convey relevant information.