1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 15, 2010 12:05 PM by Peter Flynn (Adobe)

TextInput component

RoySharon83

Hi,

I have an issue with creating a specific TextInput component in Flash Catalyst.

Here is how I want my TextInput component to behave:

1. When the TextInput component is in it's "normal" state, I want it to be with a black stroke.
      2. When it's being clicked (focused), I want the component to have a green stroke and a green glow.
      3. When the component is deselected, I want it to have a black stroke as in it's normal state, and naturally, the text should remain visible.

Thanks

• 1. Re: TextInput component
          Peter Flynn (Adobe) Adobe Employee

Hi Roy,

The green stroke part unfortunately can't be done purely within Catalyst.  If you're up or writing a little Flex code, you should be able to do this by writing a custom focusSkin.  Here are some examples of the appearances you can create by doing that.

The green glow part is simpler, though: in Catalyst, select the Text Input and then look in the Appearance section of the Properties panel.  You'll see a color control for "Focus ring" there.

You shouldn't have to do anything at all to get the stroke to stay black and text to remain visible after un-focusing the Text Input.

Hope that helps,

- Peter