5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2011 5:35 PM by Charles VW

Amplitude Statistics not working

chanticleer*

Mac OS X 10.5.8

2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook

4 GB RAM

Amplitude Statistics dialog box does not appear to function.

Upon selecting audio range, I am able to open the dialog box and toggle among the tabs, but the Scan Selection button is unresponsive.

Numerical text values are absent from boxes within the General tab, & no data appears on the graph within the Histogram tab.

Thanks in advance for any advice/input.

• 1. Re: Amplitude Statistics not working
          _durin_ Adobe Employee

Do you see this behavior with all files, or just certain types of files such as Mono or 5.1?  Is anyone else seeing this issue as well?

I'll try to reproduce this on a similar system when I have access to the testing lab next week. 

• 2. Re: Amplitude Statistics not working
            Scott Carver Level 1

One important gotcha - amp stats works on audio files when they're open in the editor, but not multitrack sessions. So, if you had a MT session open, what you're describing might occur (i.e. you can see the panel but it's unresponsive and empty). To analyze a file in your session, you can double-click on it and the amp stats panel should become available. If you want to analyze the stats of your MT session as a whole, you'll have to mix it down first (Multitrack menu).

As far as I know, amp stats should ALWAYS be functional if you have a wave file open in the editor, regardless of channel count or file type. If it's not, that's DEFINITELY a problem.

Scott C

• 3. Re: Amplitude Statistics not working
              chanticleer* Level 1

Thank for your replies.

The lack of functionality originally occured on a few Mono files open in the Editor.

However, Amplitude Statistics began to work after opening a Stereo file & selecting an audio range.

All subsequent Mono files (including the originals) now work.

Odd.

Thanks again.

• 4. Re: Amplitude Statistics not working
                ByungSL

I am reporting a potential bug. When the amplitude statistics panel is docked in the lower left corner of the default layout, the scan button does not work.

• 5. Re: Amplitude Statistics not working
                  Charles VW Adobe Employee

ByungSL wrote:

I am reporting a potential bug. When the amplitude statistics panel is docked in the lower left corner of the default layout, the scan button does not work.

I believe that this is the same as a bug we've found internally.  It should be fixed in the actual release.