4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2010 5:54 PM by Alon K.

dropShadowEnabled no longer supported in Flex Hero build 17689

Alon K.

Hi,

I am using the latest "nightly" Flex 4.5  SDK, build 17689.  It seems the dropShadowEnabled property is no longer  supported with the Hero default skin.  I get this compilation error:

The style 'dropShadowVisible' is only   supported by type   'spark.components.Panel' with the   theme(s) 'spark'.

Is there any way to disable the shadow without making a custom panel skin?  Now I have shadows on top of shadows as I use panels within other panels, and shadows where I do not need/want them.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: dropShadowEnabled no longer supported in Flex Hero build 17689
          SashaKeith Adobe Employee

Are you using this in a mobile app by any chance? This should still work with regular desktop or web Spark theme applications.

• 2. Re: dropShadowEnabled no longer supported in Flex Hero build 17689
            Peter deHaan Level 4

@Alon K.,

When you say "no longer supported", were you seeing this work in earlier builds when using the Spark Panel and Halo theme?

I tried this code w/ Flex 4.0 and the Halo theme and saw the same error (which I believe is the correct behavior since I'm using the Halo theme but that style is only supported by the Spark theme):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<s:Application xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009"

xmlns:s="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/spark"

xmlns:mx="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/mx">

<s:Panel id="pnl"

title="Spark Panel title"

dropShadowVisible="{ch.selected}"

width="300" height="150"

horizontalCenter="0" verticalCenter="0">

<s:Label text="Content area" width="100%" backgroundColor="red" />

<s:controlBarContent>

<s:CheckBox id="ch" selected="true" />

</s:controlBarContent>

</s:Panel>

</s:Application>

Peter

• 3. Re: mobile app by any chance
              Alon K. Level 1

No, this is a regular desktop AIR app, Windows 7 x64.

• 4. Re: dropShadowEnabled no longer supported in Flex Hero build 17689
                Alon K. Level 1

Thanks Peter, you are absolutely correct, dunno how I ended up thinking I was using a Hero skin, when it clearly says "Halo".  Doh how careless of me.  Yeah it works fine with Spark skins as it should.  Using the Halo default skin because I think it looks cleaner than the Spark default skin, but thats purely subjective ofc.

Odd that Panel shadows can't be controlled without creating a new skin in Halo. I created a custom Halo skin which disables the shadow.  So problem solved on that front.